We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelona-Toulouse-St Emilion

Which Toulouse hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Sonoma, California
Level Contributor
9 posts
11 reviews
Save Topic
Barcelona-Toulouse-St Emilion

In July, we will be driving from Barcelona to St Emilion over the course of 3-4 days. We would very much like to spend some time in the Pyrenees along the way. Can anyone make a suggestion of a route as well as a few places to stay along the way?

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7,667 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Barcelona-Toulouse-St Emilion

One assumes you have checked the fee involved for leaving the Spanish rental car in France?

Last summer we drove from Perpignan to

Andorra then down to Carcassonne. The scenery was stunning and the winding mountain roads were a joy to drive.

Here's a route that might be of interest: http://tinyurl.com/n6sz9u

Rob

Sonoma, California
Level Contributor
9 posts
11 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Barcelona-Toulouse-St Emilion

While I am ending my trip at Bordeaux, my boyfriend will be returning to Barcelona with the car. Thank you for pointing that out, as I know the fees are quite high for returning a rental in another country.

Your route is right on target with what I was thinking. Did you make any stops along the way? I would like to spend a night right in the heart of the mountains and do some hiking.

Ottawa, Canada
Level Contributor
7,667 posts
18 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Barcelona-Toulouse-St Emilion

You obviously have the car thing under control.

I'd bet you could make it to Andorra the first night. I can't offer any advice re hiking etc as the mountains were to steep for my sedentary tastes! ;^) Hopefully others will have some recommendations. Check the Andorra forum too...

Rob

4. Re: Barcelona-Toulouse-St Emilion

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:29 am, December 14, 2009