We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

travel info from toulouse to mirepoix

WHITLEY BAY
3 posts
Save Topic
travel info from toulouse to mirepoix

i am traveling from tolouse to mirepoix on friday the 1 st of may 2009 , can i get a bus and how long will it take and what is the price ..can anyone help with this ..many thanks

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
50,829 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: travel info from toulouse to mirepoix

Friday 1st May is an important public holiday (Labour Day) and even in many big cities there are no buses, so I fear you may have a problem.

Sorry but I am not at home, so I have no access to my detailed files for bus operators in the area.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
50,829 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: travel info from toulouse to mirepoix

I have remembered from previous questions that there are at least three places near Toulouse called Mirepoix.

Is it Mirepoix sur Tarn , the Mirepoix just to the north of the town of Auch or the Mirepoix to the south-west heading towards the Pyrenees?

Ariege
8 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: travel info from toulouse to mirepoix

If your heading to Mirepoix in the Ariege, then, as mentioned, I would think that you're going to have a problem on the 1st. If it is this Mirepoix you're heading to and you're going to stay with friends, have a look to see if you can get to Pamiers by train and then ask your friends to pick you up there.

WHITLEY BAY
3 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: travel info from toulouse to mirepoix

wow ..so glad you tuned in ...thank you so much

WHITLEY BAY
3 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: travel info from toulouse to mirepoix

hello it is the mirepoix near the pyrennese

many thsanks

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
50,829 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: travel info from toulouse to mirepoix

According to the SNCF (French Railways) website there are trains on May 1st from Toulouse to Pamiers at

0650, 0750, 0850, 1050, 1220, 1350, 1450, 1650, 1750,1850, 1950 then a bus that thinks it's a train at 2122.

Journey time is about 1 hour.

It's about 15 miles from Pamiers to Mirepoix. Sorry, but I have no information about buses in that area even if there were any on May 1st, which I doubt.

Ariege
8 posts
Save Reply
7. Re: travel info from toulouse to mirepoix

True, a bus will be unlikely and although there are taxis normally, I doubt if any will be available on the 1st - the French do like their holidays! You could always make a taxi driver's day at Toulouse airport and ask if they would take you to Mirepoix - probably only about 200euro.... <G> Pick a train time and organise your friends to pick you up at Pamiers - I suspect it's the only way you'll get there!

8. Re: travel info from toulouse to mirepoix

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 6:17 pm, October 21, 2009