We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

A personal pilgrimage needs advice

Which Lourdes hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Isle of Wight
1 post
Save Topic
A personal pilgrimage needs advice

Dear Forum,

I wish to visit Lourdes at the beginning of Jan 2007 (self-birthday -present) leaving via Portsmouth-Calais, or flying from London GTW/HTRW.

Have you any advice to offer about the best (and if pos. cheapest )route?

Thank you very much

Pellegrina

1. Re: A personal pilgrimage needs advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 9:06 am, November 18, 2015
London
2 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: A personal pilgrimage needs advice

I have just returned from Lourdes having made a weekend pilgrimage from London. I chose the Ryanair flight from Stansted to Pau and then took a train from Pau to Lourdes. However, a word of caution, Pau airport is a 35 euro taxi ride from Pau railway station, so you need to be aware of this particular cost.

I have been to Lourdes many times. My favourite way to travel is to tak ethe Eurostar from London to Paris. Metro from Gare du Nord to Gare d'Austerlitz and take the overnight train to Lourdes. This is amore expensive option than the flight from Stansted but is a much more enjoyable way to travel and there is nothing better than waking up and stepping off the train in Lourdes.

London
2 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: A personal pilgrimage needs advice

I have just returned from Lourdes having made a weekend pilgrimage from London. I chose the Ryanair flight from Stansted to Pau and then took a train from Pau to Lourdes. However, a word of caution, Pau airport is a 35 euro taxi ride from Pau railway station, so you need to be aware of this particular cost.

I have been to Lourdes many times. My favourite way to travel is to tak ethe Eurostar from London to Paris. Metro from Gare du Nord to Gare d'Austerlitz and take the overnight train to Lourdes. This is amore expensive option than the flight from Stansted but is a much more enjoyable way to travel and there is nothing better than waking up and stepping off the train in Lourdes.

4. Re: A personal pilgrimage needs advice

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 pm, August 21, 2009