We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Flight Options to Lourdes from Paris

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
244 posts
30 reviews
Save Topic
Flight Options to Lourdes from Paris

Hello! We will be arriving in Paris on May 5 at around 1:30 pm via emirates. Our plan is either to fly to lourdes at 4:10pm or take overnight train at 9:30pm. My concern is if we choose to fly, do we have enough time to get to orly airport and catch our 4:10pm flight?

Option b: We will take overnight train at 9pm. however, our concern is the place to stay from 1:30pm-9pm. Any suggestions that are not pricey? Or things to do?

We are travelling with two elderly so as much as possible we are leaning towards option A but we're just worried that we might miss it. We are also coming all the way from the philippines so we just want a laidback first day.

is hop france the only airline that flies to lourdes?

Thank you in advance.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
14,470 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Flight Options to Lourdes from Paris

On the right hand side of this page is a header Top Questions about Lourdes, I suggest you click on that and read the information on it. If they don't answer your questions, you can try to PM (personal message) HospitallerManila and ask him your specific question about additional flights. There are numerous budget airlines operating in Europe and am sure you can find a flight that will work with your schedule. Personally I would spend the first day in Paris just to relax and hang out and take the train or a flight the next day. Your companions would appreciate the much needed rest.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
244 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Flight Options to Lourdes from Paris

Hi Queen,

Thanks for your suggestion. That was our original plan actually but still weighing things.

Manila Philippines
Destination Expert
for Lourdes
Level Contributor
888 posts
107 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Flight Options to Lourdes from Paris

You certainly would not make that 4.10 flight, but there is a later one at 8.10pm.

Please feel free to take up WEQueen's suggestion and PM me.

Manila, Philippines
Level Contributor
244 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Flight Options to Lourdes from Paris

Thanks hospitalier. We decided to just stay overnight first in Paris then fly the next day. the earliest flight to Tarbes. However, we will miss the 9:30 am mass. Hope we can catch a mass in the afternoon or evening. We will just be spending a night in Lourdes.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
14,470 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Flight Options to Lourdes from Paris

You will have no problem finding masses in Lourdes. Don't miss the candlelight procession.

Vancouver, Canada
5 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Flight Options to Lourdes from Paris

We will be in Paris for 5 days and would like to do a day trip to Lourdes . What is the best option for a day trip ?

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
14,470 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Flight Options to Lourdes from Paris

It is something I would not recommend on a 5 day trip to Paris. Day trips to Lourdes are just not practical. You need to fly to get there and back and you really won't experience the feel for the place. The highlight of the visit is the Candlelight procession which you are not going to be able to attend. I suggest your read what is in the header: Top Questions about Lourdes.

8. Re: Flight Options to Lourdes from Paris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 29, 2015