We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Lourdes cancellation Aug 2013

Which Lourdes hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Buntingford, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
26 reviews
Save Topic
Lourdes cancellation Aug 2013

My hotel booking at Hotel Alba has been cancelled for the beginning of August. Does anyone have any advice on whether we should rebook in another hotel or go somewhere completely different? Is it likely to still be a disaster zone by then? I can't find out how bad it is. Thank you.

London
Level Contributor
265 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Lourdes cancellation Aug 2013

Lourdes is back functioning already. The Grotto, most chapels and the baths are already open again. The processions are taking place. If you can find alternative accommodation please go. The local economy needs our help. The hotels alongside the river are most affected but there are many higher up that have no issues at all. My pilgrimage will continue as usual on 11th July.

Manila Philippines
Destination Expert
for Lourdes
Level Contributor
829 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Lourdes cancellation Aug 2013

I just want to reiterate everything Ross has said, and also note that the large diocesan pilgrimages are once again taking place. As far as I am aware, the hotels on this website have been unaffected by the flooding. http://www.hotelsvinuales.com

If you haven’t done so already, please check the FAQ in the right hand column of this page below "Top Questions about Lourdes'.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,540 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Lourdes cancellation Aug 2013

If they have rooms, try the Hotel d' Irlande (www.hotel-irlande.fr/‎) a family ran hotel that is on a higher elevation and near the entrance to the Domaine.

San Juan...
8 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Lourdes cancellation Aug 2013

Thanks for your recommendation. I am looking into Hotel d'Irlande. It doesnt have the greatest reviews on this site. But I am interested. Anything more you can tell me? I contacted the place I have a reservation with in Sept and they are temp. closed waiting for the insurance agents to report in. (!)

I think it is best that I have an alternate reservation lined up.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,540 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Lourdes cancellation Aug 2013

Great place, We have been regulars for the past 5 years. It will not be luxurious as none of the hotels in Lourdes really are, these are gird towards pilgrims but you will have the basic comforts. We love the personal touch of the owner Isabelle who sees to our every need, from booking our restaurants on the nights we prefer to eat out, arranging for our laundry or whatever we require. The food has always been reputed to be better than most. We go yearly with a group that is divided among hotels and this year, many of those staying elsewhere have decided that the Irlande had a better kitchen. We also love the proximity to the Domaine as when we are there we need to make numerous trips back and forth daily. The staff are wonderful.

Edited: 1:24 pm, July 02, 2013
San Juan...
8 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Lourdes cancellation Aug 2013

Thank You!

Dallas, Texas
Level Contributor
3 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Lourdes cancellation Aug 2013

Did you go on your trip to Lourdes? I would like to take my husband, and am wondering if all is back to normal.

Manila Philippines
Destination Expert
for Lourdes
Level Contributor
829 posts
96 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Lourdes cancellation Aug 2013

The original poster's trip is planned for the beginnings of August, but as per previous posts, with the exemption of some hotels that were affected by the flooding, Lourdes is indeed back to normal. You can check out some live or recent videos here. http://en.lourdes-france.org/tv-lourdes/

Edited: 11:53 pm, July 26, 2013
Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,540 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Lourdes cancellation Aug 2013

ShawnMarie, please take your husband to Lourdes. The town would love to host as many pilgrims who can visit. Business has been hurting and they need lots of support to boost its slagging economy.

Buntingford, United...
Level Contributor
4 posts
26 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Lourdes cancellation Aug 2013

Thanks everyone, we will be there next weekend x