We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hostels?

Seaside Heights...
Level Contributor
140 posts
266 reviews
Save Topic
Hostels?

Hello:

I am a solo traveling woman embarking on a spiritual visit to Lourdes.

I am looking for clean, quiet accommodation for 4 nights in early May 2013.

A hostel is ok or an inexpensive hotel or B&B.

I am in good shape so it ok to walk a way to the santuary.

I will be traveling to and from Lourdes via train so walking distance to/from the train station is good.

Also, I am open if the hotel offers full board.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Regards.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
14,634 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Hostels?

After reading some of your posts, correct me if I am wrong, you reside somewhere in the UK, and from there are visiting family in London. You want to visit Lourdes as well as Rome, right? In which case, if I were you I would take the Eurostar into Paris from London and then train to Lourdes. If your intention is to go to Rome from Lourdes, you should check out flights on the budget airlines. Going by train, while a possibility, may not be as cost and time efficient. Having never taken that route, I will defer to someone more informed on the matter. This year we are going from Lourdes to Rome but we are driving and taking our time which is not an option you are interested in.

Or are you proposing to take two separate trips/pilgrimages? One to Lourdes and back to London and then another to Italy? If you are on a budget, one trip may be a more prudent move.

Manila Philippines
Destination Expert
for Lourdes
Level Contributor
891 posts
108 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Hostels?

I would remind posters to place any new questions under a new and specific topic heading rather than as part of an previous one. This merely confuses us volunteers trying to sort out your answers.

London, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
13. Re: Hostels?

Hello hostels

I have a couple of friends from the U.S want to visit Europe coming up in June. 2 people have a 2 weeks vacation while others have three weeks for the trip. They will fly first to London to visit me then from there we take the trip together. They want to take the best out of the trip. Places they want to visit include Paris, Lourdes, Belgium, Amsterdam, Geneva, and Italy (Venice and Rome.)

Do you think it possible for people who only have two weeks and 3 weeks to do this? We want to spend at least a overnight at each place and we dont want to rush our time just to get from place to places. If we can not visit all places, we are willing to skip one or two destinations.

Do you have any suggestions of how we should go about this to make our trip smooth and enjoyable. We plan to first visit Paris and Lourdes. Can you please advise us how to get to Lourdes to belgium, amsterdam, and geneva by train and do you know of any decent and affordable hotels that we could stay at each destinations? And if we go to Italy what is best way to travel in Rome and how to get from Rome to Venice?

Thank you very much for your time.

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
14,634 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Hostels?

Frankly, two weeks and three weeks are really not enough to attempt such an overly ambitious, itinerary that spans 7 cities. You will just be smelling each one and not really benefitting from the visit. If you insist in visiting Belgium, the Netherlands, Switzerland and Italy, please refer all questions pertaining to their respective forums as people there will be better able to answer you. We have already advised "you" how to get from London to Paris to Lourdes, Please read the previous replies. You will also need to do your own research to hotels and accommodations, (trying using booking.com, venere.com) as only you know your budget limitations and your exact dates. A good guide book on Europe would be of great help in planning this grand Odyssee.

15. Re: Hostels?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:15 am, April 05, 2014