We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hostels?

Which Lourdes hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Seaside Heights...
Level Contributor
136 posts
240 reviews
Save Topic
Hostels?

Hello:

I am a solo traveling woman embarking on a spiritual visit to Lourdes.

I am looking for clean, quiet accommodation for 4 nights in early May 2013.

A hostel is ok or an inexpensive hotel or B&B.

I am in good shape so it ok to walk a way to the santuary.

I will be traveling to and from Lourdes via train so walking distance to/from the train station is good.

Also, I am open if the hotel offers full board.

Thanks in advance for any input.

Regards.

Seaside Heights...
Level Contributor
136 posts
240 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hostels?

My thanks to all who put together the FAQ. I did read them and they were very helpful in my planning ot travel to/from Lourdes. Thank you!

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,911 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hostels?

The nuns of the Assumption Convent operate some sort of hostel. Contact them as follows:

21 Avenue Antoine Béguère

65100 Lourdes - France

Tél. : 33 (0)5 62 94 39 81

Fax : 33 (0)5 62 42 26 95

lourdes.assomption@wanadoo.fr

They are very reasonable and hopefully this meets your needs. Good luck and keep us posted

London, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Hostels?

Hello,

I plan to visit Lourdes from London. Is there a direct train I can take from London to Lourdes and back? Can you please advise how should I travel to Lourdes from London in term of traveling by train

Thank you

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,911 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hostels?

There are no direct trains from London to Lourdes. You need to take the Eurostar to Paris and transfer to the Gare Montparnasse to catch the train to Lourdes (there are several during the day). Check the sncf website for train schedules and best to book ahead. There is a FAQs column on the bottom right hand of this page which gives you more information on travel to Lourdes. Scroll down the page until you see it.

Manila Philippines
Destination Expert
for Lourdes
Level Contributor
841 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hostels?

For further information please check to the FAQ in the right side column of this page under 'Top Questions about Lourdes!

Edited: 8:21 am, March 28, 2013
Manila Philippines
Destination Expert
for Lourdes
Level Contributor
841 posts
98 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hostels?

Apologies for repeat post WEQueen :)

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,911 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Hostels?

Absolutely no need for any apologies. Happens all the time as multiple people may post at the same time. My big "beef" is with the new configuration, the FAQ sheet and Top Questions, either are located way below a page, or not always visible and therefore not a help to the new posters. I have complained about this to no avail. The new design is not as user friendly.

London, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Hostels?

Hello Hostels,

We plan to visit my family in London, and from there go visit Italy. What is the best way to do it? Is there train you can take or do I need to fly?

If there is train, can you let me know which ones and the route. I am not sure there is a direct train or do I need to have to transfer? If yes can you also let me know.

Once in Italy, we want to visit Saint Peter Square inside Vatican, Venice, and Santarem ( a place where the miracle of the Eucharist). What is the best transportation system and route that we should take

If you have other suggestions of places that we should visit, your advice is certainly welcome.

We are students and on a budget. If possible we would want to find a decent hotels that is safe, decent, and close to church? Or do you know of a B & B that host women?

Thanks for your advise.

London, United...
5 posts
Save Reply
9. Re: Hostels?

Hello Hostels

When i go onto the sncf websites, the directions are in French. I am not sure how to read the information or book the tickets online. In addition, how long should we arrive the train station before the train departs?

Do we pick up the tickets at the train station? Do they have directions in English the train station.

Again I am try to plan my trip to visit Paris and Lourdes and I want to make it as simple and smooth as possible.

By the way, do you know of any inexpensive decent hotels in Paris that you recommend?

Thanks again

Vancouver, Canada
Level Contributor
12,911 posts
68 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Hostels?

You will get better answers to your question #8 in the Italy Forum of TA. To go from the Uk to Italy, I would book on one of the budget airlines. You don't say where you originally come from, is there a possibility that your flight could include going into Italy as well?