We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Airport transfers

coventry
Level Contributor
58 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Airport transfers

Hi Would anybody have the information on the cost of a taxi from Lourdes airport to Lourdes town. Also is it expensive to eat and drink in the area? Would be really grateful of anyone has the information.

Thanks

Mentioned in this post
Lourdes
Lourdes
Hautes-Pyrenees, France
Manila Philippines
Destination Expert
for Lourdes
Level Contributor
940 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Airport transfers

The answers to these and many others questions that will help you during your stay in Lourdes can be found in my FAQ on the right hand column of this page under "Top Questions about Lourdes', but be sure to get back if you still have other queries not covered there.

Mentioned in this post
Lourdes
Lourdes
Hautes-Pyrenees, France
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
53,624 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Airport transfers

France in general is frighteningly expensive to eat and drink out compared with UK. For example, you won't be paying less than about £6 a pint (equivalent)!

Mentioned in this post
France
France
Europe
England
3 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Airport transfers

I had requested the hotel (Grand Hotel Moderne) arrange a taxi from Pau Airport to Lourdes. The fare was Euros 85. I was travelling with my sister so we split the cost and then tipped the driver 5 Euros. Travel time was 45 minutes.

At the Pau Airport for our return flight, a wallet was left in the taxi. The driver (the same one who took us to Lourdes had taken us back to the Pau Airport) caught up with us just before we checked in and handed us the wallet. It had been over 15 minutes since he had dropped us off. We never got to ask him how he had come to find it or if the next passenger had found it. Everything was in the wallet.

A small miracle after our trip to Lourdes.

Our driver spoke little English and we did not get his name but these are the details from his business card:

Taxi Esquerre-Cacha, Licence No 4 Lourdes Siret 508 197 365 00010 Portable 06 45 85 42 44

Edited: 7:38 am, May 12, 2012
Mentioned in this post
Grand Hotel Moderne
Grand Hotel Moderne
399 Reviews
Lourdes, France
Pau
Pau
Communaute d'Agglomeration Pau-Pyrenees, France
Lourdes
Lourdes
Hautes-Pyrenees, France
Manila Philippines
Destination Expert
for Lourdes
Level Contributor
940 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Airport transfers

A lovely story, and in fact my father had a similar experience many years ago, when he too left his wallet in a taxi in Lourdes. I will enter those taxi details in my FAQ in the hope that this driver receives some extra business as his reward.

Edited: 9:25 am, May 12, 2012
Mentioned in this post
Lourdes
Lourdes
Hautes-Pyrenees, France
Al Khobar
Level Contributor
6 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Airport transfers

@ahchappell...MIRACLE happens in a most unexpected times....How i love to see Lourdes as well..God will find me a way.

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience.

Regards,

Kim

Mentioned in this post
Lourdes
Lourdes
Hautes-Pyrenees, France
Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Airport transfers

Is there storage for luggage on the buses from tarbes airport to Lourdes?

Thank you

Pauline

Mentioned in this post
Lourdes
Lourdes
Hautes-Pyrenees, France
Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Airport transfers

Is there storage for luggage on the public transport from Tarbes airport to Lourdes.? Thank you

Pauline

Mentioned in this post
Tarbes
Tarbes
Hautes-Pyrenees, France
Lourdes
Lourdes
Hautes-Pyrenees, France
Manila Philippines
Destination Expert
for Lourdes
Level Contributor
940 posts
113 reviews
Save Reply
8. Re: Airport transfers

I cannot find any answer to this online, but I wouldn't think that this bus would be very busy, so even if there is no designated area, I'm sure you will be able to stow your bags between empty seats. I'm sure you won't be the first passenger with bags to take this bus!

Sorry I cannot be more helpful. Perhaps another poster has already used this relatively new service,

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
53,624 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Airport transfers

According to the bus website, the vehicles normally used on the interurban routes have 'soutes' which I translate as 'baggage compartments' where baggage can be placed under the supervision of the driver. You must remember, it says, to tell the driver that you have baggage to remove when you alight.

The pictures on the website show vehicles more like a UK coach than a city bus, so the 'soute' would be the compartment under the seats that you get at through a side door.

But at this moment the only way to be 100% sure would be to contact the bus company.

This would be useful information to discover!

Bradford, United...
Level Contributor
29 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Airport transfers

Thank you. I am sure this is correct as it sounds the same as the public transport in Algeceiras, Spain

Mentioned in this post
Spain
Spain
Europe