We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

From Paris to Lourdes by Train

Dubai
1 post
Save Topic
From Paris to Lourdes by Train

I intent to travel from Paris to Lourdes by train. Can you please advise of the following things

Train fare from Paris to Lourdes

Which railway station to board the train from

Where to alight for Our Lady or Lourdes Shrine.

Ananda Perera

Dubai

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
2 posts
157 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: From Paris to Lourdes by Train

I did this on Monday of this week - from Montparnase station the train goes right through to Lourdes - cost 160 euros for a return ticket - though discounts are available for certain journeys. Ticket machines in the station means you can look at different journeys and buy your tickets on the day.

Get off at Lourdes - walk right from the station and into the town. The Shrines are signposted although I didnt go.

Manila Philippines
Destination Expert
for Lourdes
Level Contributor
882 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: From Paris to Lourdes by Train

There is only one railway station in Lourdes, which is about a 15 minute walk to the Sanctuary. There is also a regular bus service from outside the station which will take you to the entrance (last stop).

paris
1 post
Save Reply
3. Re: From Paris to Lourdes by Train

Annie David

could you pls advice as to which would be the cheapest train ticket to travel from Paris to Lourdes on the 13th June and return on the 16 June

Annie David

Chennai

S.India

Manila Philippines
Destination Expert
for Lourdes
Level Contributor
882 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: From Paris to Lourdes by Train

The cheapest train would be the overnight service which takes around 8 hours. Please check FAQ sticky for website of French railways.

Brisbane
1 post
Save Reply
5. Re: From Paris to Lourdes by Train

Do you have to buy a return ticket or can you travel forward to another destination from Lourdes? Also, is the train station at Lourdes, called Lourdes? thank you for your advice.

Sandi

Manila Philippines
Destination Expert
for Lourdes
Level Contributor
882 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: From Paris to Lourdes by Train

You can buy a single ticket, although this not as cost effective as a return, and yes, the station is called Lourdes. You can't really miss it since its quite large, and you will here the welcome announcement as you arrive.

Manila
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
7. Re: From Paris to Lourdes by Train

"I intent to travel from Paris to Lourdes by train. Can you please advise of the following things

Train fare from Paris to Lourdes"

Me too! I hope somebody can help us! :)

Manila
2 posts
1 review
Save Reply
8. Re: From Paris to Lourdes by Train

Hello everyone,

to Hospitalier, I noticed it said you were an expert on Lourdes. Please help me because I want to know the cheapest train from Paris to Lourdes, and back, an dhow much. When i searhced the net, it came around 48 euros but I'm not sure if it's true. I need to know ASAP because I need to budget my money.

Thank you so, so much...and I hope you can help me. Thanks a lot!

Manila Philippines
Destination Expert
for Lourdes
Level Contributor
882 posts
106 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: From Paris to Lourdes by Train

The overnight train service from Paris (Austerlitz) departing 11.10pm arriving Lourdes 7.50am the following day is the cheapest. http://www.sncf.co.uk/ is showing a fare of £87 or euro 110.(approx) return for a 6 berth couchette.

You will see that I am also in the Philippines and if you wish to contact me directly my cell no. is 0917 2413299

10. Re: From Paris to Lourdes by Train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:21 am, October 03, 2009