We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

worth a night or two?

Prince Edward...
Level Contributor
113 posts
33 reviews
Save Topic
worth a night or two?

Hi my wife and i are planning a trip to france and are wondering if metz would be a nice place to spend a night or two.we like to walk and check out the sights etc.we also love markets and enjoying some wine at a street side bar/cafe type place and people watching .any input would be a great help,thanks gary

Metz Cathedral
Architectural Buildings, Historic Sites, Churches & Cathedrals
Saint Maximin
Points of Interest & Landmarks
Fort de Queuleu
Historic Sites, History Museums, Points of Interest & Landmarks
La Cour d'Or
Specialty Museums
The Hague
Level Contributor
11 posts
78 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: worth a night or two?

I would certainly recommend Metz. It is full of character. It has a nice old town and a centre pompidou. Perhaps you could combine your visit with nancy. Stay one night in Metz and two nights in Nancy which is really worth a visit.

Mentioned in this post
Metz
Metz
Moselle, France
Nancy
Nancy
Meurthe-et-Moselle, France
Celle, Germany
Level Contributor
1 post
24 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: worth a night or two?

Yes Metz is worth seeing. It has a lovely indoor market next to the Catherdral and even better are the many buildings lit up at night including the Temple Neuf which is lovely.

Mentioned in this post
Metz
Metz
Moselle, France
Zurich, Switzerland
Level Contributor
1 post
29 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: worth a night or two?

Definatly, the covered market was great and you could spends a lot of time just walking around it. Restaurants were lovely, cafes great. I would also agree with the first review combine with nancy.

N

London, UK
Level Contributor
7,040 posts
208 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: worth a night or two?

The Cathedral in Metz is magnificent and has some wonderful modern stained glass windows. Even if you are not keen on art, the Pompidou Metz is worh a look.

Mentioned in this post
Metz
Metz
Moselle, France
Prince Edward...
Level Contributor
113 posts
33 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: worth a night or two?

thanks everybody for your info. much appreciated.gary

6. Re: worth a night or two?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:16 pm, May 30, 2014