We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel tips needed

Gjovik, Norway
1 post
Travel tips needed

Hi all,

I am first time traveller in Europe. have two back to back conferences, 8-10th July 2019 in Metz, France and 17th-19th July in Gulf of Naples, Italy. I have 6 days in between for travel with my wife. I am looking for some tips regarding some good places to visit (gradually travel from Metz to Naples preferably by train) and places to stay. A possible budget itinerary.

Thanks in advance

Tamal

2 replies to this topic
Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
2,238 posts
1. Re: Travel tips needed

How is it your first time in Europe if you're from Norway?

Grab some guidebooks and see what appeals. You could spend all 6 days in one city - Paris, Venice, Rome, you name it - or stick to 2 locations. Are you planning on spending any time in Naples after the conference?

This board is a community of volunteer fellow travelers, not travel agents - nobody is going to draft a budget and detailed itinerary for you.

Edited: 9:48 am, March 19, 2019
r c
Portland, Oregon
Level Contributor
11,553 posts
1 review
2 helpful votes
2. Re: Travel tips needed

Welcome

Here is how i do my travels..

1 figure out how to get from A to B. Look at metid, cost and time.

2. Look for lodging at A or B.

3 repeat as necessary.

You can use travel books but if you do not know where to go it makes life hard.

So what i also do is to break out a map of the area i interested in and see whats there. You can buy a map or if you are goole savvy, creat you own google maps.

Here is a website for you to bookmark.

Www.seat61.com

ALOT of great train info.

Anf then if this does not apoeal to you, you can find a local travel agent and pay them.

Good luck

Reply to: Travel tips needed
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted