We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Metz to Luxemberg

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
for San Antonio, Lubbock, Prague
Level Contributor
20,890 posts
85 reviews
319 helpful votes
Metz to Luxemberg

What are transport options between the two.

Bus,Flix yes, other company name?

Thanks

8 replies to this topic
Champlon, Belgium
Level Contributor
11,111 posts
5 reviews
4 helpful votes
1. Re: Metz to Luxemberg

Regular train services operated jointly by the SNCF and the CFL (the French and Luxembourg national train companies), frequent on working days, take 45 - 60 minutes for the journey. No advance ticket purchase required.

Akron, Ohio
Level Contributor
1,561 posts
494 reviews
288 helpful votes
2. Re: Metz to Luxemberg

You should consider train travel. Not sure about interruptions by the strike but in normal times I would take the train. Response #1 has good advice and helpful information. Frequency and convenience are key ingredients in this endeavor. Smaller scope of the geographic area with rail service often available in this section of eastern France should make you consider train travel under normal circumstances. Luxembourg is easily accessible in this manner. Consider bus transportation as an alternative. Metz has much to keep you there but Luxembourg City has more as it is another kettle of cultural fish in many observable and obvious ways that point to specific differences in cultural importance. Luxembourg is a good place to visit especially the area around Luxembourg City. Luxembourg as a small country is within easy reach by train from the capitol city. Hope this helps.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,890 posts
85 reviews
319 helpful votes
3. Re: Metz to Luxemberg

Thanks for the replies.

I shoud have indicated my direction is from LUX to Metz. What is the process from LUX airport.? Catch the train from the airport then to a main or connecting terminal ?

I should arrive about 6pm and will spend the evening in Metz.

Thank you

Edited: 1:44 pm, July 04, 2018
Champlon, Belgium
Level Contributor
11,111 posts
5 reviews
4 helpful votes
4. Re: Metz to Luxemberg

You mean that you will spend the late evening in Metz.

You take a bus from Findel airport to Luxembourg gare, if it is a working day the buses are still quite frequent but may be delayed by rush hour traffic - I doubt whether you will get to Luxembourg gare until about 90 minutes after you land. There will then be at least one train an hour to Metz, more on a working day, taking about 50 minutes. Realistically, you won't reach Metz much before 21.00, if then.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,890 posts
85 reviews
319 helpful votes
5. Re: Metz to Luxemberg

Thanks

Strasbourg, France
Level Contributor
407 posts
6. Re: Metz to Luxemberg

Flibco has direct shuttle buses between Luxembourg airport and Metz. Might be faster and cheaper than the bus/train connection.

Champlon, Belgium
Level Contributor
11,111 posts
5 reviews
4 helpful votes
7. Re: Metz to Luxemberg

Flibco has buses at 18.30 and 20.30, taking a bit over an hour. Findel is pretty efficient as airports go but I reckon the 18.30 is probably a bit tight.

Czech Republic
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
20,890 posts
85 reviews
319 helpful votes
8. Re: Metz to Luxemberg

Was lucky..Bus was waiting at the airport..got to Metz just after 8pm.

Thx again.

Reply to: Metz to Luxemberg
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted