We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Trip to France doing Bed and Breakfast

Which Limoges hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Wrexham
Level Contributor
1 post
11 reviews
Save Topic
Trip to France doing Bed and Breakfast

We hope to visit France by car and journey as far as Limoges area. We will have a dog with us so need information about suitable B/B accomodation which would allow dogs in rooms. He is presently a 18 weeks old Fox Terrier and has his Pet Passport etc

Any help appreciated. Would travel in order to avoid Paris area and traffic!

Best wishes

Derek

England, United...
Level Contributor
4,737 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Trip to France doing Bed and Breakfast

www.bedandbreakfast.com/france

www.anglofrenchbedandbreakfast.com

www.chambresdhotes.org

If the establishment doesn't state whether or not they accept dogs, simply send them an email and ask them

Cheronnac, France
1 post
Save Reply
2. Re: Trip to France doing Bed and Breakfast

We currently live in France, in the Limousin region, however, a few years ago we took a two week trip looking at areas of France we may like to live in. The Chambres de Hote is a very rare creature indeed so may I advise obtaining bookings beforehand especially as you travel with a dog. The stress of trying to find a bed for the night almost ruined our trip. Also, whereas a B&B in the UK may be open all hours, in France they do adhere to the siesta which can be anything from 11am to 3pm so often B&Bs close for this period, even in the major towns and cities. Even now that we live in France, in a much visited region, the B&B is a rare sight. Please don't let this put you off, just prepare your route and beds for the night before you go, it will make for a much happier and relaxed trip. Bon chance.

MD
Level Contributor
708 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Trip to France doing Bed and Breakfast

We have found B&Bs wherever we wanted to go in France so I am surprised by Judithw's comments. Gites de France claims to list 10,000 chambres d'hotes.

http://gites-de-france.com/ lets you search in English. Choose B&Bs, then click on advanced search, and you can look for chambres d'hotes that accept animals.

Arrival time is usually after 4:00 (seize heures) but someone will usually answer your phone call at any reasonable hour.

We stayed at a B&B where a visiting dog was wearing a doggy diaper and looked pretty chic, actually.

Montreal
Level Contributor
2,426 posts
47 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Trip to France doing Bed and Breakfast

http://gites-de-france.com/ is really the largest association of B&B in France. There use to be a printed guide but with internet I don't know if they still sell it.

I travelled all over France staying in Chambre d'hôte with Gîte de France. You can spot their logo pretty much everywhere so quite easy to find them actually. So I'm as surprised as you are Cloverdale.

Nouic, Haute Vienne
Level Contributor
94 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Trip to France doing Bed and Breakfast

I own a bed and breakfast in the Limousin and am registered with gites de France, there are lots of us, they still produce the guide but you will need to book in advance with a dog, it clearly shows in the guide, and on line what places take animals, it is a box with a dog in it and either a red cross (not accepted) or no cross (animal accepted) . Have a great holiday.

clitheroe
1 post
1 review
Save Reply
6. Re: Trip to France doing Bed and Breakfast

Hi

Our B+B near St |Leonard de Noblat also accepts dogs.

We too advertise in Gites de France. It is best to book in advance, especially in high season.

B+B prces seem to average between 50 and 70 euros, but it's even better valus if you ask for table d'hote- meals cooked for you at the property, generally much cheaper than local restaurants.

Tynemouth
Level Contributor
3,770 posts
130 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Trip to France doing Bed and Breakfast

Hi Karen

Is that between 50 and 70 euros for a double room?

Would a single room normally be about half, as in the UK?

8. Re: Trip to France doing Bed and Breakfast

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, April 25, 2014