We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Travel from NYC

Brooklyn, New York
7 posts
Save Topic
Travel from NYC

Can anyone advise me the easiest route from NYC to Uzes? We are traveling with two kids, one of whom really dislikes being in a car!

Thanks so much!

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
22,538 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Travel from NYC

There are buses from either Nimes or Avignon directly to Uzès. There are TGVs from Paris to both Nimes and Avignon. What´s easiest might depend upon from which you depart.

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Travel from NYC

How are you planning to get around once you get to Uzès?

Brooklyn, New York
7 posts
Save Reply
3. Re: Travel from NYC

Thanks for the reply. We will rent a car while we are in Uzes.. I guess my question is, if anyone has done this before (or a few times), is it easier to fly to Paris and take the TGV, or to fly to Montpellier and then drive? Thanks again.

Brooklyn, New York
7 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Travel from NYC

We will definitely have a car.

Thanks!

Paris, France
Level Contributor
2,694 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Travel from NYC

Depending on who you're flying with, it may be worth flying straight onto Montpellier or Nimes from Paris on the same ticket. Often, the difference can be as low as a few euros, so worth checking out. If booking the trip yourself, you can get an idea on www.skyscanner.com

Brooklyn, New York
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: Travel from NYC

Great, thanks!

Montpellier, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Montpellier
Level Contributor
2,142 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Travel from NYC

Air France via Montpellier would be the only "add on" connection.

More options via Marseille ?

Brooklyn, New York
7 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: Travel from NYC

Thanks, if we do end up going here (we are finalizing where in France to go), we'll go to Montpellier and try to spend a few days there as well on the way in or out.

Miami, Florida
Level Contributor
5 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: Travel from NYC

If your kid doesn't like being in a car, defanately fly to Montpellier !

Caro

Lyme, Connecticut
Level Contributor
1 post
27 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: Travel from NYC

Hi -- my hub and I are planning this same trip in September. What did you decide to do? We are flying in to Paris and I'm trying to figure out how to get to Uzes or close to it by plane. So far I haven't found any flights. Appreciate the value of your experience or that of other readers. Thanks

Get answers to your questions about Uzes