We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Shuttle from Gare TGV Avignon to Uzes

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
1 helpful vote
Shuttle from Gare TGV Avignon to Uzes

Are there any shuttle services that operate between these two points?

Montpellier, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Montpellier
Level Contributor
2,295 posts
10 reviews
10 helpful votes
1. Re: Shuttle from Gare TGV Avignon to Uzes

I don't think you'll find a shuttle service Avignon TGV to Uzes.

There is a shuttle to Avignon town station : http://www.alfavignon.com/html/fr_tran3.html

There are then a couple of buses each day : http://www.edgard-transport.fr which seem to correspond to school hours.

Problem is that Avignon and Nimes are in different departments and buses tend to be departmental.

Maybe better to go to Nimes station, then take a bus to Uzes : edgard-transport.fr/ftp/…2013102010.pdf

Plenty more info here : http://www.tripadvisor.com/SearchForums?ff=849&geo=187149&scope=2&q=uzes+bus&x=0&y=0&s=+

Peter

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Avignon
Level Contributor
17,171 posts
159 reviews
140 helpful votes
2. Re: Shuttle from Gare TGV Avignon to Uzes

There's a recent post here about getting the bus from Avignon to the Pont du Gard, which also goes on to Uzes, which might help:

tripadvisor.com/ShowTopic-g187212-i675-k3986…

The bus stop for Uzes you’ll probably want is ‘Esplanade’ or maybe ‘Mairie’, depending where you’re heading. They are shown in the list as a second set of stops for Uzes; the first is near the main supermarket and not far from the Haribo sweet factory, but quite a trek into town.

You can put the date of your journey into the website, which might be a help, as the timetable changes out of term time.

San Francisco...
Level Contributor
7 posts
3 reviews
1 helpful vote
3. Re: Shuttle from Gare TGV Avignon to Uzes

Thanks for this information. I was hoping for a commercial service as this is the beginning of a longer vacation and we will have big suitcases. We will be getting a rental car but since we will only be in UZES two days I was hoping to wait on that expense as automatics are so expensive to rent and I haven't driven a manual in over 25 years.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Avignon
Level Contributor
17,171 posts
159 reviews
140 helpful votes
4. Re: Shuttle from Gare TGV Avignon to Uzes

The only other suggestion is to book a taxi from the TGV to Uzes. It would certainly be more convenient for you with big cases if you don't want to hire at Avignon.

The route to Uzes from Avignon isn't at all a difficult one for you to start out if you do hire; from TGV station round part of the ring road and a straightforward road to Uzes.

It might be worth checking out the cost of two extra days hire against adding on a taxi to Uzes. The hire garage at Uzes is fairly small, and I'm told by people who hire cars more often than us that you are more certain of getting an automatic at Avignon TGV station than a number of other places.

Kiama, Australia
Level Contributor
24 posts
102 reviews
47 helpful votes
5. Re: Shuttle from Gare TGV Avignon to Uzes

I agree with the hire car idea, if you can - it may be worth the extra expense vs the complications, and the time -to take taxi to Avignon town, then train to Nimes, then bus to Uzes - you could spend that time in beautiful Uzes. I had never driven on the right hand side of the road, and found it pretty straightforward to drive to Uzes. Enjoy your trip

Uzes, France
Level Contributor
25 posts
54 reviews
53 helpful votes
6. Re: Shuttle from Gare TGV Avignon to Uzes

After 10 years of welcoming guests to the Uzes region please take my advice and get a hire car at the station. It will be cheaper than a taxi ( about 90 eur) and the public transport is complex and inconvenient. Much better bet to rent at the station than in Uzes.

Fitzroy, Australia
Level Contributor
5,539 posts
506 reviews
419 helpful votes
7. Re: Shuttle from Gare TGV Avignon to Uzes

Are you likely to be able to get an automatic at Nimes station for a single day, with drop off at Uzes? Has anyone done this? (We don't need a car for the 3 weeks we'll be in Uzes).

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
25,515 posts
2 reviews
6 helpful votes
8. Re: Shuttle from Gare TGV Avignon to Uzes

Before you propose renting a car for one day, check into the cost. The train station surcharge and the environmental fee (for an automatic) alone will most likely cost what a taxi would, assuming there is an agency in Uzes where you could drop a rental off.

Uzes, France
Level Contributor
25 posts
54 reviews
53 helpful votes
9. Re: Shuttle from Gare TGV Avignon to Uzes

Car hire will only be worth while for 3 days or more. Automatics will be available.

I would not want to be in Uzes for 3 weeks with no car unless you are relying on someone else. Only public trqansport is busses and they are not at all flexible

Vancouver, BC
Level Contributor
27 posts
64 reviews
68 helpful votes
10. Re: Shuttle from Gare TGV Avignon to Uzes

We are renting a car at the TGV station in Avignon and driving to Uzes for a 3 week holiday. As we will be driving a standard (it's been eons!), can you please suggest the quietest, least congested route we should take until we ease into learning curve.

Many thanks

Get answers to your questions about Uzes