We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Food allergies

Australia
1 post
Food allergies

Has anyone stayed in the Uzes area while suffering severe food allergies. My diet of safe foods is very limited and I'm having trouble finding out exactly what fresh fruit and vegetables are availalbe for purchase in Uzes. Also local restaurants - are they savvy with severe food allergies?

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Avignon
Level Contributor
17,169 posts
159 reviews
140 helpful votes
1. Re: Food allergies

Hello JoP,

I haven't that problem myself, but I know Uzes well. If you just need vegetarian meals, you'd do fine; more specific needs would need more checking out. But for fruit and veg generally, you'd be absolutely fine at Uzes.

You'll find a full range of fruit and veg; there is a huge mixed market on Saturday mornings, with many such stalls, plus a smaller food market on Wednesday mornings, both in the main square, Place aux Herbes. There are also a couple of good fruit and veg shops in town which open each day, one right by the square, plus 3 small supermarkets.

About restaurants, it depends on the problems you have. Many of the restaurants and cafes are run by the owners - they are there cooking/serving. However, not all speak English well enough to discuss such things as severe allergies, although some do; one owner could discuss everything, as he's part English.

When will you be there? as a few restaurants close in the winter. Do you speak French? If there are particular things you are allergic to, or specific questions, I can try to help. You could send me a pm if you prefer. If necessary, I could ask around for you, make specific recommendations.

I'll be back in Uzes next week. Contact me if you need more help.

GG

2. Re: Food allergies

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 03, 2010
Get answers to your questions about Uzes