We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Transportation from Avignon to Uzes

Napa, California
Level Contributor
7 posts
18 reviews
7 helpful votes
Transportation from Avignon to Uzes

We are a group of 4 traveling to Uzes from Avignon train station mId September. We would love to find private transport for the 4 of us as we don't want to rent a car. Any suggestions?

6 replies to this topic
Chateaurenard...
Level Contributor
11,165 posts
93 reviews
101 helpful votes
1. Re: Transportation from Avignon to Uzes

A taxi would be around €80 - 100. The infrequent bus would be €1.50 per person. If you don't rent a car you will be more or less stuck in Uzès. Is there any particular reason you don't want to rent one?

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
103,512 posts
17 reviews
18 helpful votes
2. Re: Transportation from Avignon to Uzes

Driving country roads in France is no more difficult than driving country roads in California.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Avignon
Level Contributor
17,171 posts
159 reviews
140 helpful votes
3. Re: Transportation from Avignon to Uzes

The A15 bus to Uzès leaves from the town centre bus station next to the railway station, €1.50 per person, as Tradeform says. Luggage goes in compartments underneath the bus.

If you will be arriving at Avignon TGV station you need to take the shuttle train to the town centre station.

A pre-booked taxi would be better than just picking one up at a taxi rank.

For getting around the area if you don’t rent a car, you can take a bus to either Avignon or Nîmes and onwards by train. Bikes can be rented in Uzès if your group is into riding bikes.

Napa, California
Level Contributor
7 posts
18 reviews
7 helpful votes
4. Re: Transportation from Avignon to Uzes

We have tours scheduled 3 of the days we are there and activities scheduled in Uzes the other 2 days, so it seems a waste to rent a car to park it for 5 days.We are hoping to find a driver who would pick us up and drop off at the train station.If that is not possible, is there a way to prearrange a taxi that could accommodate the 4 of us plus luggage?

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Avignon
Level Contributor
17,171 posts
159 reviews
140 helpful votes
5. Re: Transportation from Avignon to Uzes

I agree that a car shouldn’t be necessary for your plans, you’re obviously very organised. Actually, quite a lot of people spend a week or 2 in Uzès and quite happily use buses and trains to get where they want to be - we ourselves don’t always have a car and don’t just sit around town.

We use a local Uzès taxi service fairly regularly and have always had very good service from Nabais taxis. I’ve been collected from Avignon TGV station, Nîmes, Uzès and various nearby villages and been driven to Uzès.

If we’re in France I phone them, but when in the UK I email them: taxisnabais@gmail.com

An email would need to be in French (as would a phone call), but you have more thinking time when using email. Tell them how many people, how many pieces of luggage, where you would need to be picked up (which of the 2 stations at Avignon) and your destination, and ask the cost. They usually respond fairly speedily to emails and I have found that the price they quote is what they charge, even when my plane has arrived late at the airport.

They have at least one people carrier, so should be able to cater for you.

Good luck.

Napa, California
Level Contributor
7 posts
18 reviews
7 helpful votes
6. Re: Transportation from Avignon to Uzes

Thanks for the suggestion! I'll give that a try.

Reply to: Transportation from Avignon to Uzes
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted
Get answers to your questions about Uzes