We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uzes Saturday market during Easter Saturday

London, United...
Level Contributor
114 posts
13 reviews
1 helpful vote
Uzes Saturday market during Easter Saturday

Hi

We are planning to visit the Pont Du Gard and Uzes on Easter Saturday 31st March 2018.

Questions

1. Is the Saturday market open on Easter Saturday? If so, what time does it open and close?

2. If I arrive in Uzes around 12.30pm, will I still see some of the markets?

3. After the market closes, will all the stalls/rubbish be taken away and we can take a look at Uzes without all the stalls? Ideally we would like to see Uzes with and without market stalls to soak up Uzes.

4. Will other tourist attractions be open on Easter Saturday?

Appreciate your advice.

Many thanks

Chris

Paris, France
Level Contributor
14,847 posts
4 reviews
8 helpful votes
1. Re: Uzes Saturday market during Easter Saturday

Either the Uzes tourist office website or official town website will have the answers to your question. I believe the market is finished by 1pm and like all markets in France will be cleaned up within an hour or so after finishing.

London, United...
Level Contributor
114 posts
13 reviews
1 helpful vote
2. Re: Uzes Saturday market during Easter Saturday

Hi

We arrive at the Uze around 12.30pm and would like to eat lunch there. Can we grab lunch at the Uzes market stalls at this time or will they be closed down? Does the Uzes market stalls on Easter Saturday have tables to eat on? Or is it so packed that you can only stand around to eat?

Or should we eat at a restaurant instead if stalls are likely to be closed?

Please let me know.

Many thanks

Chris

Loire Valley
Level Contributor
7,175 posts
7 reviews
40 helpful votes
3. Re: Uzes Saturday market during Easter Saturday

There's no such thing as Easter Saturday in France, so you will be ok - the market will be happening as normal.

Don't forget - these are markets where people do their normal food shopping every week. They won't close just because there is a public holiday 2 days later.

London
Level Contributor
17 posts
4. Re: Uzes Saturday market during Easter Saturday

Will these markets serve cooked food for lunch though at 12.30-1pm as we don't have access to cooking facilities so need to eat lunch put..

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Avignon
Level Contributor
16,979 posts
155 reviews
139 helpful votes
5. Re: Uzes Saturday market during Easter Saturday

I should think that the stalls serving cooked food will probably have little left by the time you arrive, such as the paella stall, and there aren’t tables set up for eating at.

I suggest that you book lunch at a café or restaurant on the main square, la Place aux Herbes. You could email one such as Les Terroirs, in English if needed - one of the owners speaks English like a native. I suggest the second sitting. Otherwise, as long as you’re happy to wait, any of the restaurants in and around the square will have tables later on, but only during ‘lunchtime’. Les Terroirs serves meals all day and into the evening, although their daily specials don’t usually last long.

Edit: yes, all the rubbish is cleared and you will be able to see the lovely buildings after the stalls have gone.

Edited: 12:15 pm, March 27, 2018
Champlon, Belgium
Level Contributor
11,113 posts
5 reviews
4 helpful votes
6. Re: Uzes Saturday market during Easter Saturday

Normally, markets take place in rural France even if their regular day happens to fall on a public holiday, although there may be a few stalls missing in such cases.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
589 posts
45 reviews
27 helpful votes
7. Re: Uzes Saturday market during Easter Saturday

Another reco for Les Terroirs!

London, United...
Level Contributor
114 posts
13 reviews
1 helpful vote
8. Re: Uzes Saturday market during Easter Saturday

Thanks everyone for your reply.

We just came back from holiday. The Saturday markets were still open until around 2pm so after arriving at 12.30pm, we had some time to walk around the markets briefly before lunch. Les Terroirs had no tables so we decided to buy a sandwich lunch from a small local Sandwicherie Le Gains Bar on Place aux Herbes. The sandwiches there were freshly made to order and we even saw locals buying from this sandwicherie. They only had a few tables so you have to be lucky to find one. The special poulet (chicken) sandwich was really delicious! Hot paninis were a bit smaller than the sandwiches.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Avignon
Level Contributor
16,979 posts
155 reviews
139 helpful votes
9. Re: Uzes Saturday market during Easter Saturday

Yes, the stallholders are happy to carry on if there are plenty of people still buying, and the weather wasn’t too bad on Saturday. It was heaving in town earlier in the day; I went up early for most of my shopping and again later for lunch - at Terroirs. You’re right, a lot of people buy at the sandwicherie, especiall when it’s so busy.

I hope you enjoyed your visit to Uzès and your break generally.

10. Re: Uzes Saturday market during Easter Saturday

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 10:15 pm, May 22, 2019
Get answers to your questions about Uzes