We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Accessibility

Olympia, Washington
Level Contributor
8 posts
70 reviews
44 helpful votes
Accessibility

I'm looking to visit Uzes, in 2018 does anyone have updates on transportation to the city and back to other towns with train stations?

Are there rooms to rent in Uzes?

Thank, Mathew

Paris, France
Level Contributor
14,848 posts
4 reviews
8 helpful votes
1. Re: Accessibility

For info about transport and accommodation check the official town website (google "site officiel uzes") and the tourist office website (google "office de tourisme uzes").

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro, Portugal
Level Contributor
61,563 posts
45 reviews
56 helpful votes
2. Re: Accessibility

Local bus website, which is available in English

http://www.edgard-transport.fr

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Avignon
Level Contributor
16,984 posts
155 reviews
139 helpful votes
3. Re: Accessibility

Buses can be taken to and from Avignon and Nîmes, gving access to many other places. There’s a bus to the Pont du Gard, a wonderful Roman aqueduct near Uzès.

Bikes can be rented, giving easy access to lovely nearby villages.

Uzès is a very popular little town, so there’s a huge amount of accommodation. Hit ‘hotels’ on the green bar above, then you can enter your dates and choose hotels, b&bs etc to see what will be available when you want to visit.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
589 posts
45 reviews
27 helpful votes
4. Re: Accessibility

I adore Uzès but it would be a difficult place to be without a car. As Gardengirlie points out, you can take the Edgard to Nmes or Avignon and then a train from there, but it would make for long day trips.

In addition to hotels and b&bs, there are many VRBO apartments and houses for self-catering.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Avignon
Level Contributor
16,984 posts
155 reviews
139 helpful votes
5. Re: Accessibility

Many people do visit Uzès without cars and get around, as they already know there will be limits to what they can do. It’s not a good place for people without their own transport who want to rush around.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
589 posts
45 reviews
27 helpful votes
6. Re: Accessibility

GG, yes, I spent a week in ISLS w/o a car and went into it eyes wide open although it does have a train station. I guess my caution re Uzes is that there are so many places nearby (La Roque sur Ceze, Anduze, Lussan) that I would not want to miss, and I could be mistaken but don't think they are reachable by bus. But you are the Uzes expert!

7. Re: Accessibility

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 11:15 pm, May 17, 2019
Get answers to your questions about Uzes