We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uzes Market in October

Seattle
Level Contributor
713 posts
126 reviews
65 helpful votes
Uzes Market in October

Will the Saturday market be busy in October? We are looking to come in by bus from Avignon on October 21. Our only other day available to visit Uzes would be Monday. Thank you for your advice.

Pittsburgh...
Level Contributor
593 posts
45 reviews
27 helpful votes
1. Re: Uzes Market in October

We were there in Oct. a few years ago, and it was a busy but great market. It closes down by noon so should not interfere with your visit if that's what you're concerned about. Mondays are very quiet in Uzès, with many stores closed. Guess it depends upon what appeals to you: a bit of a bustle or quiet.

Berkshire, United...
Destination Expert
for Avignon
Level Contributor
17,025 posts
159 reviews
140 helpful votes
2. Re: Uzes Market in October

It will be bustling, not frantically busy like it is in the summer months. As mentioned already, stallholders begin to pack up from about 12.00. Mondays are very quiet, with some shops, cafés and restaurants closed for the day.

Seattle
Level Contributor
713 posts
126 reviews
65 helpful votes
3. Re: Uzes Market in October

We are firming up our daytrip schedule and the only day to visit Uzes is on a Monday. If we are not interested in shopping, is it still good visit. We will only have 3.5 hours, due to the bus schedule. We would then visit Pont du Gard on the way back to Avignon. Are there more frequent busses from the Gard back to Avignon, or would we have to wait for the last A15 at 1856?

Our other option is to go to Arles for the day. Saturday we are going to Aix, Sunday ISLE, then Monday on Public transportation.? You have helped me so much with this trip. Mary

Toowoomba, Australia
Level Contributor
2,013 posts
10 reviews
4 helpful votes
4. Re: Uzes Market in October

We thought Uzes was a lovely town . We just visited for a morning and we are not shoppers. In fact I think we only went into a boulangerie. We just enjoyed wandering around. I think the problem with Mondays if shops close is that towns, and not just Uzes, are quiet and a lot of people do not like this. But when you are on holidays, you have to do Monday somewhere!!

Los Angeles...
Level Contributor
12,121 posts
565 reviews
420 helpful votes
5. Re: Uzes Market in October

If you are jot interested in shopping, Monday is ok, but the town will feel a bit dead. Why not Saturday to Uzes and Monday to Aix? I think Market day in Uzes is very festive.

Georgetown, Canada
Level Contributor
8 posts
113 reviews
56 helpful votes
6. Re: Uzes Market in October

The Saturday market will still be lively when you want to come. Mondays in Uzès are very quiet outside of the summer season. So definitely choose the Saturday.

Seattle
Level Contributor
713 posts
126 reviews
65 helpful votes
7. Re: Uzes Market in October

Thank you for all your advice. I already booked the Train to Aix on Saturday. Not sure I can change the ticket to Monday. I should have talked to you experts first.

8. Re: Uzes Market in October

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 pm, October 15, 2018
Get answers to your questions about Uzes