We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Perpignan City on a Sunday Summer 2013 - things to do?

Which Perpignan hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Dublin
Level Contributor
793 posts
98 reviews
Save Topic
Perpignan City on a Sunday Summer 2013 - things to do?

Ok, so I failed to do enough research in advance, and that was my own fault.

That aside and in order to help others, can anyone add to this post things to do in the city centre on a Sunday with a family?

We went out yesterday (Sunday) late morning from our hotel with a 9 and 14 year old.

However, we were amazed to find virtually every shop, tabac, any tourist related activities all closed. The few cafe's that were open closed by 1, and most did not reopen till 7pm. We walked around 4kms through the day, and all we found was closed shop front after cloed shop front.

While I expected some shut down in a city centre, this was to a degree I did not expect. Also the temperature was 32, with one reading of 36 outside a pharmacy, so we really needed some cooling down. Was up at Castillet and Palais des Rois de Majorque, and while they looked lovely, we had done a few similar on this holiday.

Not meant to be a negative, but just trying to help future visitors with a handy reference guide for future trips. Thanks in advance.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
46,941 posts
31 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Perpignan City on a Sunday Summer 2013 - things to do?

It's most unusual for shops in France, of any type, to be open on Sunday afternoons, a lot don't open at all. The low paid still have a day of rest in that country.

People will no doubt have headed for the park or beach.

Perpignan, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Perpignan
Level Contributor
7,199 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Perpignan City on a Sunday Summer 2013 - things to do?

If you had gone out earlier, you could have gone to the Sunday brocante market or to the huge Cassanyes open-air market, both closing at 1pm. There were 3 free concerts in the evening + the Montreal Jazz Ballet.

3. Re: Perpignan City on a Sunday Summer 2013 - things to do?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, July 10, 2014
Get answers to your questions about Perpignan