We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Best family resort

Oxford
6 posts
Save Topic
Best family resort

Hi I am flying in to Perpignan on 21st May with 3 kids (and my mum). I am planning on staying at one of the holiday parks with swimming pools/slides. Could someone recommend the best one to stay at without a car? Somewhere with good public transport links as I would like to get around and see the area? Also, we are not much interested in discos/clubs/bars so one that is maybe a bit quieter and family oriented? Any advice would be gratefully received, as I have booked the flights very cheaply via Ryanair and now need to book accommodation asap so that we don't end up sleeping at the airport! Thanks in advance for your input.

Perpignan, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Perpignan
Level Contributor
7,306 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Best family resort

Unfortunately the St Cyprien water park opens on June 15 and the Port-Leucate one open on July 1st

See www.aqualand.fr

Canet-en-Roussillon is very accessible by bus from Perpignan.

Sainte-Marie is quiet and family oriented but less convenient if you don't have a car.

Argelès would be fine with children.

Oxford
6 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Best family resort

Thanks PVoyageuse for your response. I have narrowed it down to either Camping Mar Estang in Canet or Bois de Valmarie in Argeles. I like the look of Mar Estang better, but Argeles seems to be on a better bus route and is also closer to Collioure and Spain, where I would like to go. So I think I will probably go for that. Thanks again.

Perpignan, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Perpignan
Level Contributor
7,306 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Best family resort

Mar Estang is indeed off center and not very convenient if you don't have a car.

4. Re: Best family resort

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:18 am, May 14, 2014