We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Easiest way to get from Collioure to Barcelona

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
4 posts
Save Topic
Easiest way to get from Collioure to Barcelona

We need to drop off our rental car somewhere close to Collioure and then travel onto Barcelona. Reading the posts leads me to think the best option would be to take the Mare Nostrum from Perpignan to Barcelona. Please share your thoughts.

Perpignan, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Perpignan
Level Contributor
7,306 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Easiest way to get from Collioure to Barcelona

Dropping off the car in Perpignan is definitely the best solution.

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
50,258 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Easiest way to get from Collioure to Barcelona

Agreed. You also have now the two new TGV connections using the new line from Perpignan to Figueres Vilafant station, where a Spanish train makes the connection into Barcelona. These leave Perpignan at 1224 and 2025 according to my January 2011 Thomas Cook European timetable.

Don't forget that seat reservation is compulsory for all these trains.

(Thos. Cook have confirmed by the way the promised three direct 'Avant' trains each way along the new line Barcelona - Perpignan are not yet running.)

Edited: 9:01 pm, January 17, 2011
Aubrey, Texas
Level Contributor
10,527 posts
168 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Easiest way to get from Collioure to Barcelona

Yes, that's the way to do it. Having picked up and returned a vehicle in Perpignan a couple of times, I'll share some thoughts. Be aware that some companies have offices at the airport, but not downtown near the train station. And closing hours for lunch may be observed even if the office is advertised as being open. Near the train station, parking is an issue at the rental offices. Hertz and Sixt and I think Alamo are next to each other on Avenue du General de Gaulle with no spaces allocated to them, so you may have to hunt around for a parking spot then get to the office if you use one of them. Avis has an office in the train station, I believe, but I've not used them so I can't confirm that.

Seattle, Washington
Level Contributor
4 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Easiest way to get from Collioure to Barcelona

Thank you for your help...we appreciate it.

Marykay

5. Re: Easiest way to get from Collioure to Barcelona

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:30 am, January 26, 2012