We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Barcelona to Narbonne by train

Which Narbonne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Saint Louis
Level Contributor
10 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
Barcelona to Narbonne by train

We are trying to go from Barcelona to Narbonne and back on May 6, 2013 and returning May 9, 2013. I went to the French rail website (SNCF) to book. When I went it appears that you can only pick up the tickets in France. QUESTION 1: Is this correct?

Then I went to the Spanish site (Renfe) but have heard that their system is no good and they often mess things up, so decided not to go that route. QUESTION 2: Is this correct

Finally I went to Rail Europe and the computer could not find a trip. QUESTION 3: How can this be so?

Any help is greatly appreciated as this is for our honeymoon. THANKS!!!

Saint Louis
Level Contributor
10 posts
13 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Barcelona to Narbonne by train

Thanks everyone!! Gonna give it another try tomorrow and will let you know how it goes!!!

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
61 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Barcelona to Narbonne by train

I am also trying to book tickets Sunday June 23 from Narbonne to Barcelona. I am coming from Souillac in France and arrive in Narbonne at 17:01. When I checked the timetable it showed a TGV 9715 at 18:35 to Figueres Vilafant and then AVE 34212 from Figueres to Barcelona, up to the end of May. Unfortunately as soon as you put in a date in June the only train showing is a slow train at 8:35 am. Tried breaking up the route using both websites TGV and RENFE and cant find the fast trains for June. I am tearing my hair out as I leave in three weeks. Can anyone please help?

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
46,237 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Barcelona to Narbonne by train

The situation is still as it was at this top of this thread.

Some sources are stating that the new train service will commence at the end of May, some are saying September.

Meanwhile, until the date is confirmed, trains are only being shown about a month ahead rather than the usual three months.

Nothing you or anyone else can do but keep checking the websites.

All being well there will be fanfares and fireworks here on Trip Advisor if and when the new direct trains are going into service.

Adelaide, Australia
Level Contributor
61 posts
52 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Barcelona to Narbonne by train

Thanks for that.. V hard to get up to date info at the moment..

Budapest, Hungary
1 post
Save Reply
15. Re: Barcelona to Narbonne by train

Dear communicating Partners,

I am sitting in fromf of my computer for 3 hours and try to reserve a TGV ticket for the afternoon of July 2nd for Narbonne - Figueras line. By the way I am a guest research fellow of Hungarian Transport Museum and one of the founders of the Nudapest Railway park. I wish to travel on the new TGV / AVE line with my children. I go mad that SNCF page sends me to "alternative transports" and offers no single train between Narbonne and Barcelone (not even Narbonne - Figueras Vilafan). Can anybody help me how to find a ticket reservation possibility for one of the TGV or AVE trains mentioned in the corrspondance below ?

Thank you

George

Perpignan, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Perpignan
Level Contributor
7,145 posts
102 reviews
Save Reply
16. Re: Barcelona to Narbonne by train

George :

To answer your question, read post 13 above.

17. Re: Barcelona to Narbonne by train

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, April 30, 2014