We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Feria and Heritage weekend 16-19 September

Which Nimes hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Languedoc-Roussillon...
Destination Expert
for Avignon
Level Contributor
11,949 posts
132 reviews
Save Topic
Feria and Heritage weekend 16-19 September

I thought I'd post this thread as the result of someone asking about parking in Nimes.

There are two sets of events which might be of interest if you're going to be near Nimes mid-September.

The Vendange feria is the second feria of the year, held to celebrate the grape harvest, and takes place from 16-19 September. It’s shorter than the Pentecost feria, but similar, although it’s said to be more of a family occasion.

There are bull events in the arena, which is closed to tourists for several days. There are many bodegas open in the streets until late at night, so plenty of drinking. There are many stalls all around the arena area, singing and music, and general good-humoured frolics with a great party atmosphere.

It’s also heritage weekend on 18th/19th, so buildings not normally open to the public can be visited.

Bolton , England
Level Contributor
302 posts
253 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Feria and Heritage weekend 16-19 September

That's a great help as we arrive early on the 19th for 5 nights and i hadn't picked this up in my research.Can't wait to join the party.Cheers

2. Re: Feria and Heritage weekend 16-19 September

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:25 am, February 20, 2011