We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Hotel choice help / transfers

Which Nimes hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
London, United...
Level Contributor
458 posts
34 reviews
Save Topic
Hotel choice help / transfers

I am visiting Nimes for a few days in Sept and have a few hotels to choose from - any help would be appreciated.

The biggest bargain seems to be Best Western Nimotel but this seems to be a little outside Nimes - anyone know the location? My girlfriend wants a pool in the hotel, which is why this one is particulary appealing. Any other suggestions of hotels with pools - (no more than £90 per room per night) would be helpful.

The other options are Résidence Le Cheval Blanc and Hôtel & Spa Vatel.

Also, how much would a transfer (taxi) to any of these hotels be? I would consider bus if an option.

Thanks, Gareth

Montpellier, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Montpellier
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Hotel choice help / transfers

Best Western Nimotel is in Ville Actif which is a modern retail park on the Southern outskirts of Nimes. There are a few other hotels and restaurants inc McDonalds.

The airport shuttle bus stops in Ville Actif, and there is a stop for local bus services at the new Arena here : http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=nimes+france&sll=37.0625,-95.677068&sspn=36.915634,56.513672&ie=UTF8&hq=&hnear=Nimes,+Gard,+Languedoc,+France&ll=43.816445,4.357882&spn=0.004111,0.006899&z=17&layer=c&cbll=43.817281,4.357893&panoid=GqSKr8tkGh-kDcTWYnhiNA&cbp=12,180.63,,1,6.47

Nimes covers a small area and Ville Actif is only 3kms or so to the town centre.

Note that the centre has numerous roadworks ( maps.google.fr/maps/ms… ) .

I'd be tempted to find somewhere more central.

Hotel Vatel is part of a catering university, has good restaurants and a SPA centre. Unfortunately it is located on the edge of a retail park in the Northern outskirts. It is probably 3km from the centre (n.b. uphill on the way back !).

Best Western L'Orangerie Hotel Nimes is only 1.5kms to the centre, has a pool, and is within your budget. A little walk to the bus routes, but under €10 for a taxi to the centre.

Note that unheated outdoor pools are starting to get chilly in September !

Peter

Edited: 11:03 am, July 28, 2010
London, United...
Level Contributor
458 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Hotel choice help / transfers

Thank you for your help :-)

I think your right, i'm going to have to look for an indoor pool as dont facy risking the weather in sept for an outdoor one - narrows options though!

I would rather, like you suggest, be in the centre of nimes for convenience etc.

Any idea what Résidence Le Cheval Blanc is like?

G

London, United...
Level Contributor
458 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Hotel choice help / transfers

The pool idea has ben scrapped now by the way!

Montpellier, France
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Hotel choice help / transfers

I've never stayed, but it gets good reviews : tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g187154-d663642…

Note that they are self catering apartments, but there seem to be some shared facilities : …federal-hotel.com

The location is absolutely central.

Peter

London, United...
Level Contributor
458 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Hotel choice help / transfers

Hi,

Thanks alot for your help - I booked Résidence Le Cheval Blanc yesterday for £197 3 nights (2 people) - bargain.

How far away is Nime airport from Nimes city centre. What is the difference in price between taxi/bus and commute time differences.

Thanks again for your help.

G

Montpellier, France
Destination Expert
Level Contributor
2,101 posts
9 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Hotel choice help / transfers

The airport is around 15km to the centre.

This is mainly autoroute, so reckon on 15 minutes by car and 25 minutes by shuttle bus.

Reckon on the bus being €5- €6 per person, and a taxi around €30.

Peter

7. Re: Hotel choice help / transfers

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:20 am, February 07, 2011