We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Gluten free in Montpellier

Brugge...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Gluten free in Montpellier

Less of a question more of a statement as I searched Trip Advisor and other websites before visiting Montpellier for info on eating gluten free and found next to no info and what I did find was quite negative. I am usually terrified of eating when away and prepare myself for surviving on rice cakes and fruit as my coeliacs is very sensitive, but I have come back from Montpellier stuffed! I can highly recommend Chez Framboize who have a family member recently diagnosed with coeliacs and so told me immediately what was 'sans gluten', plus possibly the best food I have ever eaten. I also ate at The Black Cat where the waiter was very friendly and I had printed off one of the cards to explain in French exactly what is safe for me and he took that and checked with the chef and reassured me that they didn't want me to get sick. Also a tiny bar called Little Red Cafe with an insane chef who was happy to make sure my meal was gf. I look forward to my next visit with the confidence that the people there care so much about the food they cook that the last thing they want is to give anyone a bad time. I am always afraid of the eyes rolling back when you mention food allergies and have learnt the hard way never to eat in any place that gives that reaction but I think Montpellier has given me the confidence to eat out more often.

Manchester, United...
Level Contributor
1 post
15 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Gluten free in Montpellier

Thank you for this post, I'm of to Montpellier tomorrow and also a coeliac. I am struggling in Europe to eat out as menus not in English & waiters do not understand!

Brugge...
2 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Gluten free in Montpellier

People in Montpellier are very friendly and had no problem with not being a French speaker as lots of people have some English. My partner does some work down there but it was my first time and I can't wait to go back. Also I recommend a cocktail bar called By Coss Bar, no gf food but amazing cocktails and the owner speaks perfect English.

3. Re: Gluten free in Montpellier

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:17 am, August 13, 2014