We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Montpellier airport to Aix en Provence

Madison, Ohio
Level Contributor
20 posts
3 reviews
Save Topic
Montpellier airport to Aix en Provence

Could anyone please tell me how long it takes to get from the airport in Montpellier to Aix-en-Provence, and also what is the best way to get there? Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
50,845 posts
32 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Montpellier airport to Aix en Provence

The only practicable journey is by train. There are a very few direct TGV trains from Montpellier to the Aix-en-Provence TGV station taking about 1hr 20 minutes plus a short bus transfer into the city itself. There are also local trains involving a change at Marseilles but taking twice as long and with trains only every 2 - 3 hours.

You can check times at www.sncf.fr

Ohio, USA
Level Contributor
19,004 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Montpellier airport to Aix en Provence

Here is a copy of the reply I sent you when you asked the identical question a few days ag:

When I asked the way in Ireland once I got the following reply: "If it was there I was wantin' to go, I wouldn't be startin' off from here at all, at all." (No, honestly, that is what he said - or a very slight paraphrase of it...) ;>)

If you have already made your booking to Montpellier and can't change it then renting a car or taking the train are your only options. For car rental (I agree with MorganB that that is probably uour best bet) try www.autoeurope.com

For train timetables and fares look at www.voyages-sncf.com

If you are flying from the US, you must be going through Paris. If you can change your booking, your best plan would be to take the TGV (high speed train) from Paris direct to Aix.

The lapse of a few days has not changed the distance from Montpellier airport to Aix, nor has it changed your transportation options. If you do not want o hire a car you will have to take a taxi or the bus to Montpellier station, and the train from there.