We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tramline works

Which Montpellier hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Leeds
Level Contributor
197 posts
75 reviews
Save Topic
Tramline works

Hi we are going to Montpellier the beginning of October. I understand there are some works underway to build a new tram line? When is this due to finish and should I avoid certain areas/street for the noise of the building works? Thanks

Montpellier, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Montpellier
Level Contributor
2,085 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tramline works

In central Montpellier, lines 1,2,3 & 4 will be completed by April 2012.

There are plans to extend some of these outside the centre but these should not affect traffic too much.

There are plans for lines 5,6 & 7, but it is unlikely any work will start this year.

There is an ongoing tram discussion forum here (including maps) : the-languedoc-page.com/phpBB3/viewtopic.php…

Leeds
Level Contributor
197 posts
75 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tramline works

Thank you for your reply. Much appreciated! Also, would you mind telling me are there some areas of central Montpellier that are noisier than others e.g. lots of bars and nightclubs? I understand it's a city full of students! We are in our 40's and although I don't mind bars I would like to book accommodation somewhere central but quiet. Thanks

Edited: 7:59 am, January 15, 2012
3. Re: Tramline works

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:22 am, February 16, 2013