We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Meze, France

Which Montpellier hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Burlingame...
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Meze, France

Loking for any information on Meze, France. I will be staying a week in June 2008.

market harborough
1 post
Save Reply
1. Re: Meze, France

Have had lunch there several times over the years and last visited in May 2007. Those villages along the Bassin de Thau such as Meze,Marseillan = very pretty harbour, and town of Sète are worth visiting. We stayed in Sète and overdosed on fish & seafood.We know the Minervois very well and love the wines. This was a small detour and Sète is my favourite place now along the coast.If you want tips on eating in Meze I can expand.Suggest ( obviously) that you Google Meze, France and look at some nice photos on 2nd entry.We may even be there in June if oil remains below $1000 a barrel.

Have fun.

Market Harborough...
Level Contributor
27 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Meze, France

also see my review of Grand Hotel in Sete which

gives more info and some photos.

Burlingame...
Level Contributor
19 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Meze, France

Thanks for your reply. I would appreciate your suggestions on dining.How did you get to this town? We will be flying from Malaga and I suppose Montpellier is the closest airport.

Market Harborough...
Level Contributor
27 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Meze, France

OK - Montpellier is also a very attractive city and worth spending time there.Look it up. We drove to Meze from England as usual in our estate car, the better to import wine for our cellar ( OK, understairs cupboard ). I imagine that Montpellier would be best airport and pretty close by. I trust you will have a hire car ? Restaurants in Meze are many and varied and will change as years go by.If you are a non-smoker, you will find new anti-smoking laws, in force in France now, to your liking.Our favourite place is Restaurant du Port or Chez Fady (same place) with red awnings in centre of port pretty much looking straight down the harbour. Ten years ago, you could park in front of the restaurant, harbour side, and watch your car, but last May this was roped off. Parking is tricky but try down by the sea front and you may need to wait for someone to move out. Try to avoid visiting on market day if you want to get through narrow streets to port! Anything else ? if you look at my travel map you will see that we've been through France a few times and I speak da lingo man.

Montpellier, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Montpellier
Level Contributor
2,078 posts
10 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Meze, France

Mezes is one of a number of small villages on Etang de Thau that are worth visiting.

Nearest airport is Beziers, but thereare no flights to Spain.

There are no direct flights Malaga - Montpellier. In fact there are no direct flights from Montpellier to Spain, so you would need to go via London or Paris. Via Paris involves AF, so probably not cheap.

Nearest direct flight is to Marseille with Ryanair.

Whilst in Mezes, it is worth visiting the next door village of Bouzigues. Bouzigues is a favourite lunch spot for locals and you need to book restaurants at the weekend, even in winter.

Flights :

the-languedoc-page.com/tourism/languedoc-tou…

Restaurants :

the-languedoc-page.com/tourism/languedoc-tou…

Peter

6. Re: Meze, France

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 7:16 pm, September 16, 2009