We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Collioure to Ceret without a car

Which Collioure hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Washington DC...
Level Contributor
556 posts
2 reviews
Save Topic
Collioure to Ceret without a car

Good evening

How tough/how long to get to Ceret, from Collioure, if you are using public transport - or for that matter a driver/guide?

Many thanks

Beth

Le Bugue, France
Level Contributor
14,097 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Collioure to Ceret without a car

Bus timetable for you. You can change the date in the box at top right of the screen:

cg66.fr/…par20802

2. Re: Collioure to Ceret without a car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post has been removed at the author's request. The author may repost if desired.

Posts on the TripAdvisor forums may be edited for a short period of time. Once the edit period has expired, authors may update their posts by removing and reposting them.

To read more about editing your posts, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/help/how_to_edit_your_posts

Removed on: 2:06 am, July 02, 2014
Perpignan, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Perpignan
Level Contributor
7,199 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Collioure to Ceret without a car

It is not very easy as there are no direct buses. Take bus 401 from Céret to Argelès, then bus 400 from Argelès to Collioure.

Timetable here : http://www.cg66.fr/553-plan-et-horaires.htm

You could take a taxi at Argelès as Collioure is a few km away.

Marseille, France
9 posts
Save Reply
4. Re: Collioure to Ceret without a car

Taxi between Argeles and Collioure shouldn't be to expensive. Buses tend to be unreliable during peak season, at least that is my experience. If you have the time to wait and the weather is nice, buses are a nice way to travel, but it can be a little unstable.

TS

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
556 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Collioure to Ceret without a car

Thank you - the half taxi option may be the best idea. This is of course assuming I go - I read that it was a fantastic little town, but, I will be arriving in Collioure around or just after lunch.... have that afternoon/evening.. the full next day, and that is it.

After two sleeps in Collioure, I will wake up, get a car and head to Limoux. Since I am most likely to get a car in Perpignan (unless there is something closer to Collioure) I would not backtrack to Ceret nor take time away from the Cathar castles.

Thank you again!

Washington DC...
Level Contributor
556 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Collioure to Ceret without a car

All

I decided to pick up the car in Perpignan immediately upon arriving from Barcelona. That way I don't have to backtrack to Perpignan the day I leave Collioure merely to get the car, and, I can visit Ceret, time permitting.

Thank you for the advice!

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
25,817 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Collioure to Ceret without a car

If you are travelling in season, I hope you have accomodation with parking in Collioure ;)

8. Re: Collioure to Ceret without a car

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, July 19, 2015