We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

le bon port or les templiers?

Philadelphia
Level Contributor
56 posts
13 reviews
Save Topic
le bon port or les templiers?

Which one? Le bon port looks lovely on their website, but it it a far walk from the main area of Collioure? We want to be near water.

Fort Saint-Elme
Historic Sites, Points of Interest & Landmarks
Moulin de Collioure
Architectural Buildings, Points of Interest & Landmarks
London, UK
Level Contributor
2 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: le bon port or les templiers?

We have just booked 10 days in Le Bon Port in September, on one of the reviews it did say it is a 7 minute walk into town. And it is definitely near water, there are pictures on one of the other reviews.

Mentioned in this post
Le Bon Port
Le Bon Port
290 Reviews
Collioure, France
Scotland
Level Contributor
4 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: le bon port or les templiers?

The Le Bon Port hotel has a pool and there is a beach just over the road and down some steps. The walk to the town is not long and you can walk round the beach - maybe 5/10 minutes. See photos.

Mentioned in this post
Le Bon Port
Le Bon Port
290 Reviews
Collioure, France
Level Contributor
38 posts
30 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: le bon port or les templiers?

I was just there last week and I can assure you the photos are misleading. The room we stayed in was especially shoddy, had a very unpleasant musty smell and was questionably clean. You pay for the view, which by the way, is beautiful but many other hotels in Collioure offer the same advantage.

Lastly, the management quoted us 95 euros the day before our arrival over the phone and then charged us 135 euros when we checked out. When I contested the discrepancy, the Scottish owner and manager treated me to some of the rudest and most disconcerting attitude I have encountered in the hospitality industry. This kind of mediocre hotel does not warrant the risk of being exposed to such poor business practices.

4. Re: le bon port or les templiers?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:21 pm, August 20, 2009
Get answers to your questions about Collioure