We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Collioure Self Catering - which area to stay

Northerner down...
Level Contributor
20 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
Collioure Self Catering - which area to stay

We are planning a two week trip to Collioure in September of next year. I have looked at many different options for self catering accommodation. I think that we would particularly like the Faubourg district of the town - being so close to the beach and wandering the cobbled streets at night visiting the local restaurants and bars. The accommodation in this area however tends to be smaller and lack the outside space that places which are 10/15 minutes out of town offer. I'm torn between wanting to be in the heart of the action and renting a character property - or staying a bit outside and having the extra space and maybe even a (shared) pool but perhaps feeling a bit out of it. We've never visited the town and so I wondered if anyone who has could share their thoughts?

Thanks in advance

Mentioned in this post
Collioure
Collioure
Pyrenees-Orientales, France
Perpignan, France
Destination Expert
for Languedoc-Roussillon, Perpignan
Level Contributor
7,306 posts
103 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Collioure Self Catering - which area to stay

Collioure is not very big but can be hilly depending on the part of town you are in. The Faubourg is flat and close to the "action" - though September will be quiet compared to July and August.

Is the other accommodation a 10/15 minutes walk or a 10/15 minutes drive out of town? Is it located in the hills?

Mentioned in this post
Collioure
Collioure
Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
30,933 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Collioure Self Catering - which area to stay

For me the ultimate location would be in town with outdoor space, sea view and parking. But these properties come at a price and you may find that many are already booked for September 2012. If you speak French, searching through French private owners' listings may give you a better selection.

abritel.fr/search/…2

You may also look at Homelidays for private owner rental.

Here is one from a less traditional source:

finn.no/reise/feriehus-hytteutleie/object…

Lancaster, United...
Level Contributor
10 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Collioure Self Catering - which area to stay

Hello - I agree with another post that off-street parking is desirable as Collioure has limited on street parking/car parks. Holidaylettings has a fair selection of properties to rent as do AGENCE PY in the village. Peter.

Mentioned in this post
Collioure
Collioure
Northerner down...
Level Contributor
20 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Collioure Self Catering - which area to stay

Thank you all for your input. We were trying to decide between a character property with no outside space in the Faubourg area and a much larger modern property with two large terraces on a small development around 15 minutes walk away. We eventually decided that we would prefer to be in the heart of things and so have changed the weeks we will be away so as to be able to rent what looks like a lovely fisherman's cottage (with a garden!) in Faubourg.

We are so looking forward to our first trip to Collioure - only 10 months to wait!

Mentioned in this post
Collioure
Collioure
5. Re: Collioure Self Catering - which area to stay

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:22 am, November 23, 2012
Get answers to your questions about Collioure