We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carcassonne 25.11.06 with 2yr old for my 40th! Any tips plze

Which Carcassonne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
North west UK
Level Contributor
4 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Carcassonne 25.11.06 with 2yr old for my 40th! Any tips plze

Hi

Off to carcassonne on 25th nov for my fourtieth birthday, I am taking my 2 yr old son and have booked a house near La Cite. Was just wondering how closed up the place will be in Nov? And any recmndtns for somewhere nice to eat that may be baby friendly? We arrive on the night of my birthday (Sat) and would like to get straight out for a bit....any tips appreciated there for three nights. Thanks

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
21,208 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Carcassonne 25.11.06 with 2yr old for my 40th! Any tips plze

I have been quite suprised by the number of people from the UK going to Carcassonne for vacation, paritcularly during the winter. With the tourist season over, the area is not as animated as it is in the summer but there should be interesting things to visit anyway. There are few if any restaurants that are not kid friendly.

For more complete information try:

http://www.carcassonne-tourisme.com/

Happy Birthday!

Diz
UK
Level Contributor
1,048 posts
Save Reply
2. Re: Carcassonne 25.11.06 with 2yr old for my 40th! Any tips plze

Sarastro, over the last couple of years, Ryanair has introduced budget flights between Carcassonne and several north European airports. It's under 2 hours flying time, there is a decent bus link into the town, so you don't need car hire and there's plenty to see for a weekend break. There's a good chance of better weather than here, too!

We've just come back from a week in Carcassonne and also commented about the number of English people, and a supermarket in the middle of nowhere which advertised 'British Food' . There were also a lot of Spanish families around, having meals with all the kids, grandmas, etc, particularly at the weekend. I know things change after 1st November, but everywhere in the Cité was open when we were there, except the tourist train round the ramparts. However, it's quite pleasant just wandering around .... have a great birthday, espantosa!

3. Re: Carcassonne 25.11.06 with 2yr old for my 40th! Any tips plze

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 3:17 pm, August 23, 2009