We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Carcassonne to Lourdes then on to the Basque Country

Which Carcassonne hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
So. Calif.
Level Contributor
23 posts
22 reviews
Save Topic
Carcassonne to Lourdes then on to the Basque Country

Does anyone kow : are there trains connecting from Carcasonne, toToulousse, and then on to Bilbao , Spain, the basque country? Ideally, we'd like to take trains or a combination of busses and trains if they are both easy to access so we don't have to have a car. Thank you.

So. Calif.
Level Contributor
23 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Carcassonne to Lourdes then on to the Basque Country

Wow, this is super awesome. You and all repliers are super awesome. I can now find my/our way around for a fun trip! I'm brushing up my French and I have Spanish so I think it will be interesting.

I don't want to seem like a garrish tourist but really want some good photos so is carrying around my camera going to be a turn off or does every tourist do this in these areas!!??!! I bought one for the trip w/nice close up lens - at costco, so not too expensive.

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
25,149 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Carcassonne to Lourdes then on to the Basque Country

If you are a tourist, what is wrong with looking like one ;) And if you want photos you need to carry a camera :)

Paris, France
Level Contributor
16,692 posts
20 reviews
Save Reply
13. Re: Carcassonne to Lourdes then on to the Basque Country

You'll need to brush up on your Basque too :-)

So. Calif.
Level Contributor
23 posts
22 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Carcassonne to Lourdes then on to the Basque Country

what? I need to brush up on my Basque-- didn't plan for that. please tell me they know Spanish!

Harstad, Norway
Destination Expert
for Bergen, Norway
Level Contributor
25,149 posts
37 reviews
Save Reply
15. Re: Carcassonne to Lourdes then on to the Basque Country

There is Basque and there is Catalan - neither are too keen on speaking the Spanish language. It helps if you look like a tourist ;)

16. Re: Carcassonne to Lourdes then on to the Basque Country

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:15 am, March 02, 2014