We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Day trip drive from Carcassonne - perhaps for wine tasting?

Singapore, Singapore
Level Contributor
81 posts
51 reviews
Save Topic
Day trip drive from Carcassonne - perhaps for wine tasting?

Hi,

We only have 2 nights in Carcassonne and realize its beautiful enough to spend the full days there.

But if we do decide to take the car for a daytrip where would you recommend that we go? I wouldn't mind going somewhere nice for some wine tasting and we also appreciate nice vistas and history.

Would appreciate your advice, many thanks

Patrik

London, United...
Level Contributor
82 posts
57 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Day trip drive from Carcassonne - perhaps for wine tasting?

Hi all,

I'm going to Carcassonne this weekend from Friday-Monday, and wondered whether it is worth hiring a car or just hiring bikes to explore a little further out of the town.I reckon we can see most of Carcassonne cite in one afternoon, the town in about the same time, so possibly go for a day trip on the saturday. It would be nice to go to a vineyard or two, and there are a couple within 10km of the town I understand. But is it worthwhile just hiring a car to go a bit further afield? Are taxis cheap enough to get one to a vineyard instead?

Alternatively does anyone know whether cycling along the Canal du Midi would be a worthwhile day trip? I'm thinking a baguette, some cheese, a small bar for some wine along the way.... am I likely to find that?

Thanks all

Jon

12. Re: Day trip drive from Carcassonne - perhaps for wine tasting?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 4:19 am, December 16, 2013