We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

How many days in Carcassonne for single traveller?

London
Level Contributor
56 posts
71 reviews
Save Topic
How many days in Carcassonne for single traveller?

Hello

I am staying with a friend in Loupia for a few nights in mid August and I was then planning on stopping over in Carcassonne for a few nights before flying back to London. I will be by myself in Carcassonne with no car but plan to stay in the Cite.

How many days do you think I need to see Carcassonne at a leisurely pace? Bearing in mind I was planning on spending one afternoon lazing around the pool at the B and B...

I was thinking 3 nights which will give me 2 full days. Is this sufficient?

Carcassonne, France
Level Contributor
45 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: How many days in Carcassonne for single traveller?

Carcassonne town is interesting and many don't give it credit it deserves.

I'll second that !! I think it all depends on where you stay and how well informed you are as to what is on offer, certainly at this time of year there are thousands of tourists but if you know where to look and go there are some beautifully quiet spots to enjoy away from the hordes !

Have a lovely time.

12. Re: How many days in Carcassonne for single traveller?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 5:15 am, August 04, 2013