We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Impact of Holidays on Canal Barge Trip

san francisco
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Topic
Impact of Holidays on Canal Barge Trip

7 of us are planning a barge trip along the Canal du Midi next year. We are looking to schedule this portion of the trip in early May but I am concerned that our trip will include 2 holidays (May 8 and May 9). Would it be a good thing or a bad thing to plan our barge trip this week? Will shops and restaurants be closed? Thanks for your help.

Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
22,165 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Impact of Holidays on Canal Barge Trip

Shops and restaurants will not be a problem. However, the locks might be as they will most likely be closed during the May holidays, impeding your progress. I would ask the rental company about the impact of lock closures on your proposed itinerary.

san francisco
Level Contributor
5 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Impact of Holidays on Canal Barge Trip

I will do that. Thanks again!

3. Re: Impact of Holidays on Canal Barge Trip

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:17 pm, June 18, 2013