We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Parking payment

uk
Level Contributor
860 posts
41 reviews
Save Topic
Parking payment

Please can anyone advise

Looking to leave Carcassonne Airport and head straight to parking nearest the city walls

Is payment by euros or will machines take credit cards ? Just wondering if we need to get change at the airport before leaving

Thanks in advance

Mentioned in this post
Carcassonne Bed and Breakfast
Carcassonne Bed and...
546 Reviews
Carcassonne Center, France
5 replies to this topic
Albufeira, Portugal
Destination Expert
for Algarve, Faro
Level Contributor
54,579 posts
34 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Parking payment

They do take credit cards but I wouldn't use a non Euro card as the parking fee will be greatly inflated by bank commission and currency conversion charges.

There is a comprehensive leaflet about parking in Carcassonne at tourisme-carcassonne.fr/files/ot-carcassonne…

I spot that the main underground car parks in the modern city do not open on Sundays

Mentioned in this post
Carcassonne Bed and Breakfast
Carcassonne Bed and...
546 Reviews
Carcassonne Center, France
uk
Level Contributor
860 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Parking payment

Thank u curbsar

I will check out that link tonight

Much appreciated

Champlon, Belgium
Level Contributor
7,967 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Parking payment

Parking machines that take credit cards will sometimes only take them for parking charges over a certain (and not always stated) threshold. It would be unwise to rely on credit cards for paying for parking.

uk
Level Contributor
860 posts
41 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Parking payment

Perfect thank you I will change some euros near the airport in that case

I’ve printed the parking guide curbsar

It’s really helpful

Thank u

Chateaurenard...
Level Contributor
8,587 posts
93 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Parking payment

"They do take credit cards but I wouldn't use a non Euro card as the parking fee will be greatly inflated by bank commission and currency conversion charges."

That's true, but converting another currency into € even as cash also causes the fee to be greatly inflated by bank commission and currency conversion charges and usually at an even more punitive rate than using a credit card.

Reply to: Parking payment
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted