We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Versailles shows

Atlanta, Georgia
8 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Versailles shows

Hello

We are traveling with 2 (13) year old boys, a girl 15,a boy16, and meeting our past German exchange student (EU) at Versailles in August. I have a personal string quartet, literally, so they know classical string music. I'm thinking about the Serenade show (costumed dancers touring the hall of mirrors and various rooms of the palace with us) starting at 6:40 pm then followed by Les Grande Eaux Nocturnes (laser, light, fountain show followed by fireworks)

It sounds pretty awesome! Wondering if anyone has any words of advice? Not sure if my husband and I need to buy tix on line for entrance to the whole park, as the rest of our peeps can get in free. ( I realize and am prepared to pay for and book the shows online.) Should we just plan to buy our tix for Marie Antoinette's house for the afternoon, as we will be seeing parts of the palace and garden at the show? or do we shoot the whole day: see the palace and fountains in the daylight in the morning as well as in the show?

thanks!

Overwhelmed with awesome options

Redding
Level Contributor
2 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Versailles shows

Shoot the whole day. Lines can be long, even in August. Anything done in advance is well worth it. The performance should enhance the experience. Make some time to stroll through town. It has lovely people and extraordinary architecture.

Redding
Level Contributor
2 posts
74 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Versailles shows

Shoot the whole day. Lines can be long, even in August. Anything done in advance is well worth it. The performance should enhance the experience. Make some time to stroll through town. It has lovely people and extraordinary architecture.

Atlanta, Georgia
8 posts
1 review
Save Reply
3. Re: Versailles shows

Great! We will shoot the whole day! I was reading another post about renting bikes to see the gardens and taking a picnic. I love your suggestion about going down to the town, maybe for dinner between the serenade and light show? Or plan our serenade late and eat in town before . Thanks again!

4. Re: Versailles shows

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 2:16 am, June 14, 2014