We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tickets to Versailles/Guided Tours

West Hollywood...
Level Contributor
5 posts
3 reviews
Tickets to Versailles/Guided Tours

Bonjour!!

I'm a bit confused on how to book tickets on Chateau Versailles website. I'm trying to get a guided tour of the King's Apts and the palace.

The Passport gave me a time of 0900 (9:00am) and the guided tour is at 1300 (1:00 pm). Is the passport ticket time the palace opens, or do we have to be there to get in at that time (like an appointment time)?

Any help is appreciated.

Thanks!

Hong Kong, China
Destination Expert
for Hong Kong, Osaka
Level Contributor
62,278 posts
171 reviews
1. Re: Tickets to Versailles/Guided Tours

The palace opens at 9am. You can visit any time on that particular day with your passport. For the King's Apartment Tour, you need to get to the meeting point (waiting room) a few minutes before your designated time. The meeting point of guided tours at to the right of the normal security line to enter the chateau.

Part of the benefit of the King's Apartment Tour is you can avoid the long security line. If you just plan to visit the chateau and walk the gardens, plan for an afternoon visit. If you want to see Trianon as well, it could seem a bit tight but do achievable provided you exercise good time management.

Germany
Level Contributor
36 posts
11 reviews
2. Re: Tickets to Versailles/Guided Tours

We'll be visiting this Sunday, 28 May. The last time I was there (2008) I bought the entrance ticket combined with the train ticket. We walked straight into entrance A. I suppose new security measures are being taken so lines are slower. Are you saying with the additional King's Apartment Tour security checks are bypassed? Also, I'm curious why you suggest afternoon for "normal" chateau and garden visit? Would it matter on a Sunday, when the crowds will be at their worst?

3. Re: Tickets to Versailles/Guided Tours

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:16 am, May 25, 2018