We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Any input on Insidr used in Paris?

Catonsville...
Level Contributor
67 posts
22 reviews
11 helpful votes
Any input on Insidr used in Paris?

Greetings all!

Was wondering if anyone has used the product Insidr (a phone that is kind of like a digital concierge) when they were in France? It almost sounds too good to be true, so wondering if there are any thoughts from the peanut gallery?

http://www.insidr.paris/#insidr-paris

Thanks-

Laura

Florida
Level Contributor
17,394 posts
15 reviews
30 helpful votes
1. Re: Any input on Insidr used in Paris?

Sounds cool - first I've heard of it...

You could also try posting on TA under the technology or gadgets type forum...

Edited: 1:50 pm, August 28, 2016
New Lenox, Illinois
Level Contributor
135 posts
74 reviews
86 helpful votes
2. Re: Any input on Insidr used in Paris?

We just got back from Paris and the best tip I could give was that we rented a phone (which doubled as a hotspot.) it was an Insidr Paris phone that was preloaded with a translation app, euro conversion app, google search app, Uber app, Skype app and the best of all---a city mapper! We were standing by St. Chappelle and we wanted to get back to our hotel. The city mapper gave options for walking, biking, bus, and metro. It then knew where we were and "walked" us to the bus stop, told us which bus to take and even told us how many minutes before our bus arrived! It was awesome and we used it constantly! We used the Metro a bunch and it helped us transfer to different lines. It even comes with your own concierge. Ours was Mark and he was wonderful! We texted him that we needed a recommendation for dinner by the Moulin Rouge. He gave us the name of a FABULOUS restaurant and he even made reservations for us. We were in Disneyland Paris trying to make arrangements for transport to the airport the next morning (I know---- we should have done it earlier!LOL) and we were getting frustrated. We tented Mark and he helped us out. It had a great camera on the phone that we used and the hot spot was super valuable. We had pre downloaded a bunch of Rick Steves' walking tours and when we were at Versailles, two of my kids realized that they had not downloaded the one for Versailles. We turned on the hotspot, they downloaded it quickly, and we were on our way. It had unlimited local calling. For less than 9 euro per day this was a bargain. Mark personally met us in the airport to give us our phone and he walked us to the tourist info desk to get our Metro Paris Visite tickets and Museum pass. This phone was a trip saver.

3. Re: Any input on Insidr used in Paris?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:05 pm, November 01, 2016
4. Re: Any input on Insidr used in Paris?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This post was determined to be inappropriate by the TripAdvisor community and has been removed.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

Our staff may also remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason. Thanks for being a part of the TripAdvisor travel community!

Removed on: 5:05 pm, November 01, 2016
Marcus Beach
Level Contributor
25 posts
176 reviews
73 helpful votes
5. Re: Any input on Insidr used in Paris?

Laura it IS as good as it seems. Very well mannered staff pick up and deliver on time to wherever you are. They give clear instructions. It's easy to use (I'm iPhone and it's android, not a problem) and has an app where you can ask English-speaking real Parisians where to eat what to do. Staff answer communication in minutes. My husband and I both had one so that we could communicate during the day when we weren't together. You can also tether it to your own phone or laptop. It's a brilliant concept, and the reality is just as good. I've recommended it to a friend who visited Paris a couple of months later than I did and they said it was the best hint they'd ever had. Don't hesitate.

Edited: 1:36 pm, October 31, 2016
1 post
6. Re: Any input on Insidr used in Paris?

I used this service while in France this past May. The team is super helpful and fluent in English. I always got a quick response to any questions I asked. The phone is super easy to use. My only complaint was the short battery life. Since I have visited Paris MANY times, and my husband is French, we didn't need much help with getting around in the city, but the WiFi, Skype, etc were great. A very good service.

Orlando, Florida
Level Contributor
6,546 posts
32 reviews
14 helpful votes
7. Re: Any input on Insidr used in Paris?

Hmmmmm, three glowing reviews by single-digit posters, whose only posts are about this product.

Just saying....

Yorktown, Virginia
Level Contributor
11 posts
200 reviews
44 helpful votes
8. Re: Any input on Insidr used in Paris?

Loved it! Best decision we made on our trip to Paris. It was super easy to use, cost-effective, and very convenient to have the phone dropped off and picked up at the apartment we stayed at. Both our representatives were professional and friendly (sorry, can't remember names.) I had access to a connected community when I needed answers or recommendations, and the navigation app saved my bacon more than once. I can't recommend Insidr enough - I will definitely use them again on my next trip to Paris. I only hope they expand to Barcelona!

Rennes, France
Level Contributor
5,266 posts
17 reviews
8 helpful votes
9. Re: Any input on Insidr used in Paris?

And then there were four.

9 posts
10. Re: Any input on Insidr used in Paris?

I don't really post much online, I more lurk and look for answers in the previously asked questions. But it also concerns me that this service seems to have glowing reviews from low post users. Then again, maybe only first-time visitors would use a service like this. It sounds perfect for my upcoming trip, but the copy-and-paste responses in this forum irk me.