We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Which budget hotel?

Oakland, California
Level Contributor
185 posts
18 reviews
Save Topic
Which budget hotel?

Please help. The is a first visit to Paris for my husband and I. We booked a room at Hotel Innova. After talking about the location with a friend, he was saying that it's not the most ideal location. So now I'm second guessing my hotel choice. Of the hotels below, what is the best choice? Or are we just better off staying at Hotel Innova?

Hotel des Mines

Hotel Cluny Sorbonne

Hotel Plessis

Hotel Monte Carlo

Hotel du College de France

Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Skip-the-Line Admission...
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,279 Reviews
from $103.40*
USA
Level Contributor
30,067 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Which budget hotel?

The hotel is located down in the 15eme arrondissement...and there's nothing inherently '..wrong..' with its location. Paris does have an excellent public transportation system and there is a Metro station close to the hotel to take you to '..the rest of Paris..' that you've probably come to see. But Paris is a city that is best explored, experienced and enjoyed on foot...and with this in mind, a more convenient neighborhood and a hotel within easy strolling / walking distance of the PARIS you've probably come to see is probably prefereable to one that requires even a few minute '..commute..'.

Of your alternate choices, Hôtel du College de France (2-star) 7 rue Thénard 75005, Metro: Cluny-La Sorbonne-- http://www.hotel-collegedefrance.com/ may be the best overalll situated.

tim'otea
Level Contributor
23 posts
1 review
Save Reply
2. Re: Which budget hotel?

I would't change! I know the Hotel Innova and it's a nice hotel, well desserved. A lot of people (mostly americans) think that the only valid location in Paris is the Latin Quarter, that's wrong....! The most important thing when you are looking for an accomodation in Paris is to check if there is a metro station nearby, that's all! Stay at the Innova and enjoy Paris! Here a good map of the neighbourhood of the hotel:

nyceparis.com/accommodation/paris-hotels/hot…

3. Re: Which budget hotel?

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 9:19 am, August 20, 2009