We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Uber in Paris

Atlanta, Georgia
Level Contributor
41 posts
1 review
Uber in Paris

Is there Uber in Paris? First time in Paris coming up in May...only there 3 days so wondering if this would be easiest way to get to/from airport, across the city vs. trying to figure out the Metro.

Thanks!

99 replies to this topic
Paris, France
Destination Expert
for Paris, Loire Valley
Level Contributor
25,278 posts
5 reviews
10 helpful votes
1. Re: Uber in Paris

Uber is available in Paris but from the airport, there really is no place Uber can easily pick you up. Take a taxi, from the official taxi queue into Paris, 50€ to the Right Bank, 55€ to the Left Bank.

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
102,352 posts
17 reviews
18 helpful votes
2. Re: Uber in Paris

Taxis now have fixed prices for travel from CDG to central Paris, so there is little point in looking for an alternative. Ignore any offers of "taxi" rides from people hanging around the airport. If you do not speak French, have your hotel's name and full address printed out to show the driver.

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
30 reviews
15 helpful votes
3. Re: Uber in Paris

Which would you say is less expensive to get around in Paris by - Ubers or taxis? I know its different in every city, which is why I'm asking. Thanks.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
4,154 posts
9 reviews
7 helpful votes
4. Re: Uber in Paris

If you are travelling just within Paris, then travelling by the Metro should be cheaper than either taxi or Uber. Is there any reason why you want to avoid the Metro?

Toronto, Canada
Level Contributor
1,104 posts
30 reviews
15 helpful votes
5. Re: Uber in Paris

Does the Metro run 24/7? Not that I will be partying that late every night lol though if I'm out to let's say 1-2 in the morning, would I still be ok to catch the Metro? Thanks.

Sydney, Australia
Level Contributor
4,154 posts
9 reviews
7 helpful votes
6. Re: Uber in Paris

I see what you mean now. I am not a late night person myself. According to the website below, it does not run 24/7. It shows the operating hours.

http://www.parisnet.com/metro.html

Sydney, Australia
Destination Expert
for Train Travel
Level Contributor
102,352 posts
17 reviews
18 helpful votes
7. Re: Uber in Paris

The Metro runs until about 1 am. RATP needs to have some time each day without trains running, to allow for routine maintenance.

Paris, France
Level Contributor
1,876 posts
19 reviews
32 helpful votes
8. Re: Uber in Paris

I've used Uber in Paris with no problems. The metro is the best way to get around, but if it's closed, Uber should be a good alternative.

Enjoy Paris!

Jo

New Jersey
Level Contributor
71 posts
27 reviews
4 helpful votes
9. Re: Uber in Paris

We recently used Uber in Paris. It's great if you're tired and not near a taxi stand. They picked us up at out apartment on a very small street and took us about a mile for 5 euros. I thought it would be impossible from the Eiffel Tower, but we easily found the car. It was convenient, fast, and since you give the address you're going to on the app, there's no language problem. My only warning is going from the Marais to Charles DeGaulle airport, we were charged surge prices (80 euros), and a taxi is only 50, but it was too late to order one!

Edited: 8:41 am, April 01, 2016
New Orleans...
Level Contributor
1,937 posts
477 reviews
387 helpful votes
10. Re: Uber in Paris

I've had good experiences with Uber in Paris. I'm familiar with the city and I feel that taxis have taken me on a longer route than necessary a few times. I've had taxi drivers with bad body odor. And I don't like paying the arrival charges if we call for a taxi pick up. If a taxi is nearby, I would take it, but Uber usually will arrive faster and you know he won't be taking the long route. And Uber gives you a record of the trip if you need to document or dispute the charge.

Reply to: Uber in Paris
Get notified by e-mail when a reply is posted