We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Tickets to top of Eiffel Tower for Sept 2015

geelong
Level Contributor
106 posts
17 reviews
Save Topic
Tickets to top of Eiffel Tower for Sept 2015

HI, I need to get tickets to top of Eiffel tower for dates between 13th - 18th for 2 adults and a 6 year old. I went to Eiffel tower website to book and there are no times left to the top or 2nd floor. What other options do I have to get to the top without a massive wait..not fun with a 6 year old! Also looking at doing a boat tour to see the sights any recommendations would be great.

Thanks

Comox, Canada
Level Contributor
1,407 posts
330 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Tickets to top of Eiffel Tower for Sept 2015

try tor 2nd foor then walk up and wait in line. Other options include booking a tour. I ony went to 2nd floor. For a high view option is Tour Montparnesse 56 floor. Tickets on website not limited to time or date. So much sane especially with a kid, Easy to get to metro montparnesse. also l'opn bus might be an idea for you too. I

San Diego...
Destination Expert
for San Diego
Level Contributor
22,219 posts
4 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Tickets to top of Eiffel Tower for Sept 2015

You can buy a ticket for the lift to the 2nd floor

toureiffel.paris/en/preparing-your-visit/rat…

Then, if the view isn't good enough for you from there you can get in line there for the lift to the top.

geelong
Level Contributor
106 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Tickets to top of Eiffel Tower for Sept 2015

I tried to buy tickets from the site mentioned above but can't get tickets for my dates even to the 2nd floor. Where else can I look to get a ticket? Cheers

Illinois
Level Contributor
18,864 posts
16 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Tickets to top of Eiffel Tower for Sept 2015

If there are no tickets available on the official website, you can book a behind the scenes tour (which I wouldn't recommend with a 6 year old unless you think they'd actually be interested in the engineering) or a skip the line tour but you will pay more. You can buy tickets on the day for either the lift or walking up, but the lines to walk up are much shorter. Personally, I"ve only walked down, but if your 6 year old is a good climber/walker they should be able to do the stairs. There are landings where you can stop and rest if needed. I'd expect at least a 1 hr wait in line for the lifts.

Here's an example of a skip the line tour from a reputable company, but I've never actually done one from them or any other company.

…fattirebiketours.com/tours/entrance-only-ei…

geelong
Level Contributor
106 posts
17 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Tickets to top of Eiffel Tower for Sept 2015

Thanks think I will pay the premium and get the skip the line tour...if it was its me would take the risk and line up but with a 6 year old...not possible. Thanks for your help.

6. Re: Tickets to top of Eiffel Tower for Sept 2015

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:18 am, July 04, 2016