We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Richelieu Library in Paris

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
97 posts
Richelieu Library in Paris

Hi guys,

I have seen some pictures of the great reading room at the Richelieu Library in Paris, and I was wondering if anybody can provide me with the address of this place?

Is this part of the modern Francois Mitterrand Library, or is there a separate building in Central Paris??

I appreciate the help very much!

Nick

Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Summit Priority Access...
Best Seller
Eiffel Tower Priority Access Ticket...
Best Seller
Moulin Rouge Show Paris
3,283 Reviews
from $111.30*
Paris, France
Level Contributor
1,821 posts
6 reviews
1. Re: Richelieu Library in Paris

Do you mean this room : …wikipedia.org/wiki/Biblioth%C3%A8que_nation… ?

It is the main room of the former Bibliothèque Nationale. With the construction of the François Miterrand Library, the Bibliothèque Nationale became Bibliothèque nationale de France (BNF), of which the buildings at 58 rue de Richelieu (métro stop Palais Royal or Bourse) are now a part. They house the special collections.

There are visits possible, on reservation : bnf.fr/fr/…a.visite_richelieu.html

Chicago, Illinois
Level Contributor
97 posts
2. Re: Richelieu Library in Paris

Thank you very much!

So 58 rue de Richelieu.

And I need to make a reservation in order to visit the main reading room?

3. Re: Richelieu Library in Paris

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:17 am, May 30, 2016