We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

The Most Romantic Restaurant in Paris

London
Level Contributor
6 posts
7 reviews
Save Topic
The Most Romantic Restaurant in Paris

I am taking my wife to Paris for our wedding Anniversary & wondered if anyone could recommend a romantic (thank God it's only once a year) restaurant. I am not laden with buckets of money but don't mind pushing the boat out a bit for a special occasion. Alternatively you could take my wife to the restaurant ( She is pretty hot ) & bring her back to the hotel afterwards) Joking!!!

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Level Contributor
590 posts
Save Reply
1. Re: The Most Romantic Restaurant in Paris

http://tinyurl.com/lm8by

I have never been however it would be top of my list for a romantic/special restaurant. It has been posted on TA. Ask for the Salon de Musique

Great Barrington...
Level Contributor
4,266 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: The Most Romantic Restaurant in Paris

Loafer,

My Zagat's guide lists places like these as being the most romantic:

Ambassadeurs

Ambroisie

Astrance

Caviar-Kaspia

Coupe Chou (how do you like that?)

Coupoule

Dome

Fontaine de Mars

Georges

Grand Cascade

Gran Vefour

Jules Verne

Laperouse

Ledoyen

Meurice

Orangerie

Pavillion Montsouris

Pre Catalan

Tour d'Argent

Train Bleu

Some of the places listed above may cost 500-700 euros for two for dinner. And of course, some won't.

However, my favorite is 1728. It is very, very romantic and it won't break the bank. Here is a review by Frommer's: frommers.com/destinations/paris/D54500.html

United Kingdom
Level Contributor
347 posts
139 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: The Most Romantic Restaurant in Paris

I've always found Parisian waiters to be hopeless romantics too, so wherever you go, they will do their best to make you have a wonderful evening.

If you can get a window seat at Jules Verne, the view is beautiful.

Loire Valley
Level Contributor
7,017 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: The Most Romantic Restaurant in Paris

The one where I am with Mrs Wiz

What makes a restaurant intrinsically "romantic" - and what does "romantic" mean?

Paris
Level Contributor
776 posts
Save Reply
5. Re: The Most Romantic Restaurant in Paris

Romantic means that your presence is not enough to your partner to make whatever place you are unique :)

New England
7 posts
Save Reply
6. Re: The Most Romantic Restaurant in Paris

L'Ambroisie bumped our Saturday night reservation the weekend after the election despite our phone confirmation: l'ordre francais!

I was appropriately indignant but not mal elevee; they finally got us a cab and an immediate reservation at Laurent: a very shabby substitute. Vicious!

Hudson Valley, NY
Level Contributor
1,040 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: The Most Romantic Restaurant in Paris

Pix-

Can't believe Mr. Zagat put Le Coupe Chou on this list! I don't know what the world is coming to! Now if Chartier made the list...I think I'd run for cover, as the sky would soon be falling! Hope your recovery is going well!

Paris
3 posts
Save Reply
8. Re: The Most Romantic Restaurant in Paris

That's a pretty good list, but I would like to delete a restaurant in it.

For my wife and me "Le georges" is certainely not a romantic restaurant. Music is far too loud, no atmosphere, VIP seat (wich means with the best view) are booked all year long... No "le George" is not a romantic restaurant.

After all depend of your budget, but a good compromise could be "le Laperouse" I have be there with my wife for a special occasion and it has been wonderfull. After dinner just cross the bridge and you will discover one of the most charming view of Paris. Today, well known for its romantic side, " square vert galant" use to be the place for many movies.

Eric.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France
Great Barrington...
Level Contributor
4,266 posts
63 reviews
Save Reply
9. Re: The Most Romantic Restaurant in Paris

Robin,

You know that Chartier is on the TOP of my list in EVERY category.

I actually do not agree with everything on the Zagat list either. For instance, Le Train Bleu can be noisy and bright.

US
Level Contributor
29 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
10. Re: The Most Romantic Restaurant in Paris

We were in Paris for our honeymoon and went to quite a few very nice places, including Jules Verne. But our favorite was Mon Vieile Ami on the Ile St Louis. www.mon-vieil-ami.com

Stroll/window shop beforehand and have a coffee or gelato at Berthillon afterward.

Mentioned in this post
Paris
Paris
Ile-de-France, France