We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.
We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Cost of taxi ]

Which Paris hotels are on sale?
mm/dd/yyyy mm/dd/yyyy
See hotels
Carlsbad Californa
Level Contributor
18 posts
6 reviews
Save Topic
Cost of taxi ]

What should we expect to pay by taxi from CDR to hotel on iles de. St Louis. Pardon my spelling.

USA
Level Contributor
27,098 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Cost of taxi ]

Average taxi fare from outside of your arrival terminal at CDG airport to Ile Saint Louis in central Paris will run 40-50 Euro.

Jacksonville, FL
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
Level Contributor
5,459 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Cost of taxi ]

Your best best is to go to www.bluvan.fr They run a shuttle service and one-way for two people is about 34 Euro. You book in advance and they pick you up at the hotel and take you straight to the airport. (Did you mean CDG?)

Jacksonville, FL
Destination Expert
for Jacksonville
Level Contributor
5,459 posts
21 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Cost of taxi ]

Addendum to above - this works both ways - CDG to Hotel and Hotel to CDG. The website will give you prices for one way and round trip and prices will depend upon when you need them. Early morning and late evening are a little more, but not much.

paris, france
Level Contributor
2,109 posts
8 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Cost of taxi ]

then the taxi will be better for 10 euros difference i suggest you to take the taxi. but like kdsail said depending on the traffic it's around 40-50 euros

Milwaukee
Destination Expert
for Milwaukee
Level Contributor
10,209 posts
62 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Cost of taxi ]

The taxi vs. shuttle debate is a frequent one on this site. I also favor taxis for 2 or more people. 2 people may save about 10 euro with a shuttle, but with a taxi you simply walk out of the airport and into a waiting taxi that takes you directly to your hotel. I advise having the name and address of your hotel written down for the driver unless your French is much better than mine.

With a prearranged shuttle you may have to make a phone call to be picked up. If you are unfamiliar with Paris and French do yo want your first experience to be figuring out how to use a phone? You also may have to wait for the shuttle or other passengers. Then you may have to drop several people at different locations before reaching yours.

Some people report good experiences with shuttles, but I believe the potential for delays is not worth the extra few euro you will save.

In November taxi from CDG to our hotel near the Eiffel Tower was 45 euros.

Level Contributor
5,896 posts
109 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Cost of taxi ]

I agree with przyk totally! I gave up on shuttles after the Parishuttle driver left without us when we arrived. It's inconvenient because you do have to call (but it's a toll-free call and they speak English) and wait at a certain exit door. Anyway, in my case, the receptionist told me we would have to wait for another 30 minutes for another driver. No way after a total 12 hour flight from California to Frankfurt to Paris. We just went and took a taxi which was much faster and much more convenient!

Denver, CO
Level Contributor
310 posts
3 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Cost of taxi ]

Well, I seem to always end up paying about 60 euros for a taxi to the 6eme. So is it because there is a luggage supplement? Or am I tipping too much (10%)?