We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Great places to go in Paris on second week of December

Paris
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Topic
Great places to go in Paris on second week of December

If you wanted to offer great memories to your (non-French) girlfriend during this period, where would you take her? If you are a girl, where would you like your boyfriend to take you in Paris?

Thanks for the help :)

London, United...
Level Contributor
467 posts
7 reviews
Save Reply
11. Re: Great places to go in Paris on second week of December

sleidia- you both sound very sweet together! :-)

I wish I could give more input...I honestly answered originally to bump your post since no one had answered.

I hope you get a lot of great responses. It sounds like no matter what you'll have a wonderful and romantic week!

Florida
Level Contributor
37 posts
2 reviews
Save Reply
12. Re: Great places to go in Paris on second week of December

How sweet of you! I was going to suggest the things that were already suggested in the beginning of the thread, but since you've already been there, done that.... hmmmm.....

As an American who is in love with Paris, if I were dating a guy from there, besides just the simple facts of being IN PARIS, and WITH HIM to make me happy, I guess some of the following may help make me all weak-kneed:

On a warmer day (I was there in January, there are some!) go shopping at a truly "French" boulangerie or pattiserie and pack a picnic lunch with all "French" foods -- bread, wine, chocolate, etc. and enjoy it atop the steps of Sacré Coeur. Great view of the city without the vertigo of la Tour Eiffel. And Montmarte can be wonderfully romantic when you're with someone you love.

I haven't a clue what your budget might be, but what woman can resist a man who splurges on a special trinket for her? Spend some time strolling hand-in-hand down the Champs-Elysées, and when she picks out something she loves but can't afford, buy it for her. Especially if it's some exorbitant French designer, so she can go back home and brag that it's "direct from Paris", LOL.

And what's more "French" than all those cute sidewalk cafés? Watch the sun set over the Seine and see the city lights come to life while sipping wine over candles in a café. Then snuggle in a bateau-mouche and watch the lights sparkle off the water.

If I think of anything else, I'll post more thoughts! Oh, and I second the ice skating, and seeing the Christmas lights!

Paris
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
13. Re: Great places to go in Paris on second week of December

Thanks wanderlustFL :)

I just had two more ideas :

The visit of the covered passages of Paris :

paris-360.com/index.php/photo-covered-passag…

Maybe the sunrise at Trocadero. I wish the sun will rise on the right side :) Your picnic idea ( breakfast ) could take place there.

Plus, I've found an informative site that will help me to find more ideas I guess :

http://en.parisinfo.com/show_exhibition/

the big blue marble
Level Contributor
16,174 posts
39 reviews
Save Reply
14. Re: Great places to go in Paris on second week of December

Take her on a chocolate tasting tour... there are over 1/2 dozen worthwhile chocolatiers in the St Germain des Pres area.

Take her to a concert at a church, or at the Rex. Dinner at Le Bilbouquet for some live jazz.

When I was an American with a Parisian boyfriend I particularly loved when he invited to dinner with his friends.

Cafe de la Jatte is an impressive place that few tourists visit.

Cafe de l'Homme with a table over looking the ET.

A movie in the Salle Japonaise at Le Pagode or in the love seats at the BNP cinemas (I think that is where they are).

Art expos at smaller, less famous museums like the Fondation Cartier, Maillol, or the Maison Rouge.

A bike ride along the Seine on a Sunday, or on the Chemin Vert to the Parc de Sceaux.

To see the royal tombs at Cathedral St Denis.

A weekend visit to the Puces at St Ouen

Paris
Level Contributor
39 posts
1 review
Save Reply
15. Re: Great places to go in Paris on second week of December

Thanks for the ideas !

I've also found out that there is a very nice hidden and luxuous café inside the "Musée Jaquemart Andre" (158 Bd Haussmann).

16. Re: Great places to go in Paris on second week of December

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 12:23 am, August 20, 2009