We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

Taxi+Roissybus or Taxi

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
428 posts
25 reviews
Save Topic
Taxi+Roissybus or Taxi

My flight departs at 1:00 pm from terminal 2A at CDG, and I'm staying at Hotel des Nations (near Place Monge). My girlfriend and I each have a carry on or two and a large suitcase, so we don't want to take the RER. The options are then:

1) Taxi, approximately 40 minutes and 50 euros.

2) Taxi to Opera (15 minutes, I assume 10-15 euros?) then Roissybus to CDG (20 euros for the two of us), so 30-35 euros total. I can also take the metro M7 line, but I assume we'd have to take some stairs and it's not worth it with the luggage.

How much earlier would I have to leave the hotel for option 2 (accounting for the taxi to opera, waiting for the bus, dropping passengers off at other terminals)? Given that, is it worth the extra hassle or should I just pay for a taxi (I realize that's subjective)?

Thanks in advance for your help!

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,881 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
1. Re: Taxi+Roissybus or Taxi

Way too much running around. Just take a taxi. The cost differential isn't going to significant.

los angeles
Level Contributor
9,181 posts
53 reviews
Save Reply
2. Re: Taxi+Roissybus or Taxi

I agree with HappyGoin (Happy--I wish I could see a large format of your new picture!), and I will add that if you really do want to make things easier for yourselves, then cut down on the luggage. One or two carry-ons each, and a large suitcase each, is a lot of luggage to "lug" and to store in a Paris-sized (read "small) hotel room

Also, from the Monge area, it's safer to plan on an hour to get to CDG and on 60 euros (depending on traffic). Better to be pleasantly surprised (40 minutes, 50 euros) than to feel like you got misleading advice here.

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
428 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
3. Re: Taxi+Roissybus or Taxi

Thank you for the advice!

As for luggage, we are already in Paris (last stop in a 3.5 week trip) and we just bought some big things to take home.

Calgary, Canada
Level Contributor
8,004 posts
5 reviews
Save Reply
4. Re: Taxi+Roissybus or Taxi

Taxi !!! all the way - don't bother with Roissy Bus- you have to haul your luggage yourself and it took 1.5 hr. on a quiet morning to get to CDG.

Just wondering- I thought you can have just one carry-on per person.

Level Contributor
79 posts
14 reviews
Save Reply
5. Re: Taxi+Roissybus or Taxi

So e airlines are more forgiving than others and it depends on how it is stated. Delta allows one carry-on plus a personal handbag or laptop case

Montreal, Canada
Level Contributor
428 posts
25 reviews
Save Reply
6. Re: Taxi+Roissybus or Taxi

It's really one carry on (backpack) plus a plastic bag carrying something delicate.

Boston...
Level Contributor
12,881 posts
12 reviews
Save Reply
7. Re: Taxi+Roissybus or Taxi

Doesn't really matter what the airlines allow. Few enforce the carry on rules anyway. Once in a while, they take a stab at it, but...

8. Re: Taxi+Roissybus or Taxi

-:- Message from TripAdvisor staff -:-

This topic has been closed to new posts due to inactivity. We hope you'll join the conversation by posting to an open topic or starting a new one.

To review the TripAdvisor Forums Posting Guidelines, please follow this link: http://www.tripadvisor.com/pages/forums_posting_guidelines.html

We remove posts that do not follow our posting guidelines, and we reserve the right to remove any post for any reason.

Removed on: 1:16 am, August 25, 2015